+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    At this point I don't want any part of knuckle-head Will Hill, he has burned all bridges IMO with FO and with players, can't keep letting down all of them.
    I like new draft pick Nat Berhe if he can earn a spot.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Can't believe they'd only carry 3 RB's.
    Yeah, I can't see them carrying 3 RBs either, especially with the questions surrounding Wilson's health. I wouldn't mind the RB corps being Jennings, Wilson, Hillis and Williams, which makes Cox odd man out.
    One of these teams is not like the others

I did one last night, here it is:

Projected 53-man roster (however, I do think we pick up a veteran TE like Finley or Keller):

OFFENSE: 25
    QB: Eli Manning, Ryan Nassib
    RB: Rashad Jennings, David Wilson, Andre Williams, Peyton Hillis
    FB: John Connor
    WR: Victor Cruz, Odell Beckham Jr., Rueben Randle, Jerrell Jernigan, Mario Manningham, Trindon Holliday
    TE: Adrien Robinson, Xavier Grimble, Kellen Davis
    OT: Will Beatty, Justin Pugh, Charles Brown
    OG: Geoff Schwartz, Chris Snee, John Jerry, Brandon Mosley
    C: Weston Richburg, JD Walton

DEFENSE: 25
    DE: Jason Pierre-Paul, Robert Ayers, Damontre Moore, Mathias Kiwanuka
    DT: Cullen Jenkins, Johnathan Hankins, Jay Bromley, Kelcy Quarles, Mike Patterson
    OLB: Jameel McClain, Spencer Paysinger, Jacquian Williams, Devon Kennard
    ILB: Jon Beason, Mark Herzlich
    CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Prince Amukamara, Walter Thurmond III, Trumaine McBride, Jayron Hosley, Bennett Jackson
    S: Antrel Rolle, Stevie Brown, Nat Berhe, Quintin Demps (((Will Hill most likely suspended and not taking up roster spot)))

SPECIAL TEAMS: 3
    K: Josh Brown
    P: Steve Weatherford
    LS: Zac DeOssie

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    I am not an expert but I don't know if we have ever taken 10 DBs into the season.

I think the biggest camp battles will be at DB (CB/S) and RB. I think Dan Fox and Jackson both make the team due to high character and excellent ST additions.

(25)
    2 QB- Eli Manning, Josh Freeman
    5 RB- Jennings, Williams, Wilson, Hynoski (Last spot battle - Cox, Hillis, Conner)
    6 WR- ODB, Cruz, Randle, Jernigan, Manningham, Holliday
    3 TE- Robinson, Davis, Grimble
    9 OL- Beatty, Schwartz, Richburg, Snee, Pugh, Brewer, Jerry, Walton, Brown

(25)
    9 DL- JPP, Hankins, Jenkins, Ayers, Kiwi, Moore, Kuhn, Bromley, Quarles
    7 LB- Williams, Beason, McClain, Paysinger, Herzlich, Kennard, Fox
    9 DB- Prince, Rolle, Brown, DRC, Berhe, Jackson, Demps, Thurmond, (Last spot battle - Hosley, Taylor, McBride)

(3)
    ST-
    Brown
    DeOssie
    Weatherford
    No way Brewer beats out Mosley. They wont carry 7 LB;s. McBride is a lock and Jackson wont beat out Hosely.Kuhn wont beat out Patteson.Cox has no chance to beat out Hillis

Quote Originally Posted by hugehomer View Post
    No way Brewer beats out Mosley. They wont carry 7 LB;s. McBride is a lock and Jackson wont beat out Hosely.Kuhn wont beat out Patteson.Cox has no chance to beat out Hillis
    Pretty much agree with you, though I haven't seen much from Hosely.

Quote Originally Posted by hugehomer View Post
    So you can see the future? lol.

Brewer and Mosley seem very similar and I personally don't have a dog in the race. Either way is fine with me.
    Why won't they carry 7 LBs? They have had 7 or 8 in '10, '11, '12 and '13. Last time they didn't they went with 3 QBs and 4 TEs. Doubt both of those happen this year.
    There are no locks. Why is McBride a lock? I like him don't get me wrong, but he has not spent more than 1 year with a team since he was waived by the Bears in '09.

The rest of your post is just stating that I am wrong and you are right, which is fine, but you offer no reason why. Wish there was more to discuss. Guess we can revisit this post come August/September.
    Earth - Wind - Fire 2.0
    Jennings - Wilson - Williams

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (75) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (28.5) -> ???

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Berhe can make the club over Cooper Taylor I think. I'd be surprised if Cooper is on the team come Sept.. Berhe is instinctive playmaker who hits hard. Thats the kinda stuff thats noticed during preseason games, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Berhe can make the club over Cooper Taylor I think. I'd be surprised if Cooper is on the team come Sept.. Berhe is instinctive playmaker who hits hard. Thats the kinda stuff thats noticed during preseason games, if you know what I mean.
    I agree. I have heard talk of Taylor going to LB. If that is true it would be his best shot to make it. DB is a packed house right now.
    Earth - Wind - Fire 2.0
    Jennings - Wilson - Williams

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (75) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (28.5) -> ???

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Am I the only one who thinks Quarles is better than Bromley? Apparently JR doesn't.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

I think Quarles will be a huge steal.