+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Quarles is better than Bromley? Apparently JR doesn't.
    bromley had 10 sacks, 9.5 for Quarles, almost even though i beleive Bromley has a better swim move inside. Both are decent interior pentetrators though.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaxicofan7 View Post
    I did one last night, here it is:

Projected 53-man roster (however, I do think we pick up a veteran TE like Finley or Keller):

OFFENSE: 25
    QB: Eli Manning, Ryan Nassib
    RB: Rashad Jennings, David Wilson, Andre Williams, Peyton Hillis
    FB: John Connor
    WR: Victor Cruz, Odell Beckham Jr., Rueben Randle, Jerrell Jernigan, Mario Manningham, Trindon Holliday
    TE: Adrien Robinson, Xavier Grimble, Kellen Davis
    OT: Will Beatty, Justin Pugh, Charles Brown
    OG: Geoff Schwartz, Chris Snee, John Jerry, Brandon Mosley
    C: Weston Richburg, JD Walton

DEFENSE: 25
    DE: Jason Pierre-Paul, Robert Ayers, Damontre Moore, Mathias Kiwanuka
    DT: Cullen Jenkins, Johnathan Hankins, Jay Bromley, Kelcy Quarles, Mike Patterson
    OLB: Jameel McClain, Spencer Paysinger, Jacquian Williams, Devon Kennard
    ILB: Jon Beason, Mark Herzlich
    CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Prince Amukamara, Walter Thurmond III, Trumaine McBride, Jayron Hosley, Bennett Jackson
    S: Antrel Rolle, Stevie Brown, Nat Berhe, Quintin Demps (((Will Hill most likely suspended and not taking up roster spot)))

SPECIAL TEAMS: 3
    K: Josh Brown
    P: Steve Weatherford
    LS: Zac DeOssie
    I like this projection -- the few places I might dispute are......

QB -- my preference is Josh Freeman over Nassib
    RB - I might prefer Cox over Hillis but depending on who Giants deem the better S/T player I'm ok either way
    LB - I'm wondering if Dennard may knock out Herslich as there was some reference to him being able to play the middle
    CB - I would think B-Jackson making it is suspect --- wasn't there another FA CB we picked up late?

Quote Originally Posted by PUGH72 View Post
    bromley had 10 sacks, 9.5 for Quarles, almost even though i beleive Bromley has a better swim move inside. Both are decent interior pentetrators though.
    I definitely would have said Quarles before the draft but since Giants and everyone else passed on him during the draft I'm not so sure.

I'm really hopeful that both kids play big and make the team - provide depth/inside pass rush in a 3 man rotation with Jennings as 3 techniques. I would prefer Kuhn be the odd man out and these 2 make the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Can't believe they'd only carry 3 RB's.
    Hillis will be on the team. No Doubt.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

53 projections are tough because preseason injuries alters everything. I think some young players are going to be stashed on IR. My early IR vote goes to rookie Devon Kennard.

Practice Squad stashing candidates could be X. Grimble and K. Quarles.

Larry Donnel doesn't qualify for the practice squad any longer so he has a 50/50 chance of making the roster. Management likes him so he has a good shot if he plays well like he did in preseason last year.

Kuhn is in a tough situation because he hasn't made an impact and he is the odd man out right now IMO. He might get cut this year if he doesn't have a strong offseason.

4 RB will make the roster and I think Peyton Hillis might be on the bubble. Andre Williams kind of makes he expendable. Cox may be the cheaper option to keep over Hillis.

My not so bold prediction is Freeman won't make the team and the team only carries 2 QB's. Freeman lost confidence and he was only brought in because the team needed solid camp bodies at that position. Nassib will be Eli's backup.

Lastly, I am disappointed about the Will Hill situation. He subliminally had the biggest impact on the Giants draft IMHO. Team captains have always been something JR been high on, but he reached for Bromley when higher value guys at the same position were available, eg. Louis Nix.

This one's a little different...

QB (3): Manning, Freeman*, Nassib
    RB (4): Jennings, Wilson, Williams, Hillis
    TE (2): Robinson, Davis or Grimble
    FB (2): Conner, Hynoski
    WR (6): Cruz, Beckham, Randle, Jernigan, Manningham, Holliday
    OT (3): Beatty, Pugh, Brown
    OG (3): Schwartz, Snee**, Jerry
    C (2): Walton, Richburg (Richburg may win starting position though)

*If Nassib leapfrogs Freeman, 3rd QB slot eliminated and remaining TE on the bubble added.
    ** If Snee breaks down due to injury, Mosley makes the roster as a backup and Jerry is promoted to RG.

DE (4): Pierre-Paul, Ayers, Moore, Kiwi
    DT (4): Hankins(1), Jenkins(3), Bromley, Patterson
    OLB (4): McClain(S), Paysinger(W), Williams, Kennard
    MLB (2): Beason, Herzlich
    CB (6): Amukamara, Rodgers-Cromartie, Thurmond, McBride, Hosley, Bowman
    S (5): Rolle, Brown, Hill*, Demps, Taylor (S/LB hybrid),
    *If Hill is suspended, add Nat Berhe to roster

K: Brown
    P: Weatherford
    LS: DeOssie

PS candidates: Preston Parker WR, Eric Herman OG, Michael Cox RB (was not active enough games to constitute a full season), Xavier Grimble TE (unless he makes roster), Nat Berhe SS (unless he makes the roster), Bennett Jackson CB

Quote Originally Posted by PUGH72 View Post
    Bromley and Quarles are both good looking prospects.. THey both can rush the passer which is huge. Reese getting em both , regardless of the way he got em, is more important then anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    I agree. I have heard talk of Taylor going to LB. If that is true it would be his best shot to make it. DB is a packed house right now.
    I agree that his best chance might be switching to WLB, where he could challenge Paysinger and J.Williams for PT.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Bromley and Quarles are both good looking prospects.. THey both can rush the passer which is huge. Reese getting em both , regardless of the way he got em, is more important then anything else.
    Does anyone believe Quarless can beat out Patterson? The way it's looking, Hankins, Jenkins and Bromley are locks to make the 53. I don't know if the Giants may get away with stashing him on the practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Does anyone believe Quarless can beat out Patterson? The way it's looking, Hankins, Jenkins and Bromley are locks to make the 53. I don't know if the Giants may get away with stashing him on the practice squad.
    Patterson is on a 1 year deal. If Quarles looks decent they will sign him and not risk someone swooping in to pick him up. I think that is a big reason why some of these younger guys will have an edge over the vets.
    Earth - Wind - Fire 2.0
    Jennings - Wilson - Williams

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (75) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (28.5) -> ???

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.