+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Does anyone believe Quarless can beat out Patterson? The way it's looking, Hankins, Jenkins and Bromley are locks to make the 53. I don't know if the Giants may get away with stashing him on the practice squad.
    Or they take 5 DTs, and take Hankins + Jenkins + Bromley + Patterson + Quarles

As far as Im concerned Patterson and Jenkins are both fighting for a job. The only guys who are locks are Hankins + Bromley, and thats only due to how inexpensive they are.

Cutting Jenkins would save them 2.6 mil next season, and I like Jenkins a lot, but he has to go out there and prove hes worth keeping

Other FA signings that may not stick, Holliday, Manningham, HIllis, Bowman, and Im sure there are more.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 05-12-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    Patterson is on a 1 year deal. If Quarles looks decent they will sign him and not risk someone swooping in to pick him up. I think that is a big reason why some of these younger guys will have an edge over the vets.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Or they take 5 DTs, and take Hankins + Jenkins + Bromley + Patterson + Quarles

As far as Im concerned Patterson and Jenkins are both fighting for a job. The only guys who are locks are Hankins + Bromley, and thats only due to how inexpensive they are.

Cutting Jenkins would save them 2.6 mil next season, and I like Jenkins a lot, but he has to go out there and prove hes worth keeping

Other FA signings that may not stick, Holliday, Manningham, HIllis, Bowman, and Im sure there are more.
    I could see them carrying 5 if Jenkins is used as part of the DE rotation like last year on occasion. I'd expect Quarless would rarely dress though, if ever. That's a very good possibility.

Slipknottin, I really doubt they cut Jenkins. He offers more versatility and production than any other tackle they have on the roster. I can see them cutting him next year maybe, but I believe they need him, especially with all the young inexperienced guys they have right now. I don't think Patterson can step into that leadership role better than Jenkins can for them at that position.

I really doubt they cut Jenkins. He offers more versatility and production than any other tackle they have on the roster. I can see them cutting him next year maybe, but I believe they need him, especially with all the young inexperienced guys they have right now. I don't think Patterson can step into that leadership role better than Jenkins can for them at that position.
    Im not saying they will, Im saying he needs to show up and play well to stay. Theres enough competition at that position that everyone outside of Bromley and Hankins need to play well.

Demps is a fantastic returner as well. Trindon Holliday has got to ball like he's got something to prove. I personally like demps at S, and ODB at WR, so I hope we keep Holliday to return kicks

Quote Originally Posted by Plaxicofan7 View Post
    I did one last night, here it is:

Projected 53-man roster (however, I do think we pick up a veteran TE like Finley or Keller):

OFFENSE: 25
    QB: Eli Manning, Ryan Nassib
    RB: Rashad Jennings, David Wilson, Andre Williams, Peyton Hillis
    FB: John Connor
    WR: Victor Cruz, Odell Beckham Jr., Rueben Randle, Jerrell Jernigan, Mario Manningham, Trindon Holliday
    TE: Adrien Robinson, Xavier Grimble, Kellen Davis
    OT: Will Beatty, Justin Pugh, Charles Brown
    OG: Geoff Schwartz, Chris Snee, John Jerry, Brandon Mosley
    C: Weston Richburg, JD Walton

DEFENSE: 25
    DE: Jason Pierre-Paul, Robert Ayers, Damontre Moore, Mathias Kiwanuka
    DT: Cullen Jenkins, Johnathan Hankins, Jay Bromley, Kelcy Quarles, Mike Patterson
    OLB: Jameel McClain, Spencer Paysinger, Jacquian Williams, Devon Kennard
    ILB: Jon Beason, Mark Herzlich
    CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Prince Amukamara, Walter Thurmond III, Trumaine McBride, Jayron Hosley, Bennett Jackson
    S: Antrel Rolle, Stevie Brown, Nat Berhe, Quintin Demps (((Will Hill most likely suspended and not taking up roster spot)))

SPECIAL TEAMS: 3
    K: Josh Brown
    P: Steve Weatherford
    LS: Zac DeOssie
    That's practically the way I see it too, the only difference is that I would put Bowman in at CB and let Bennet Jackson as a practice squad guy.
    I think Bowman is a heck of a player and will give good depth and is going to be a great player on ST.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereTrelAt View Post
    Demps is a fantastic returner as well. Trindon Holliday has got to ball like he's got something to prove. I personally like demps at S, and ODB at WR, so I hope we keep Holliday to return kicks
    Either way they have great depth in ST's and could plug and play them if someone gets hurt.
    Imagine Holliday and Beckham together back there returning KO's. Sick !
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

I think they keep brewer at OL. I am not sure Herz makes it. Kuhn could be cut to if he does not do well in preseason.

I could see them carrying 5 if Jenkins is used as part of the DE rotation like last year on occasion. I'd expect Quarless would rarely dress though, if ever. That's a very good possibility.

Slipknottin, I really doubt they cut Jenkins. He offers more versatility and production than any other tackle they have on the roster. I can see them cutting him next year maybe, but I believe they need him, especially with all the young inexperienced guys they have right now. I don't think Patterson can step into that leadership role better than Jenkins can for them at that position.
    They could go 5 DTs and 4 DEs with Ayers, Kiwi, JPP and Moore. They only have 4 DEs anyway, cutting Adams is a safe bet. I am betting Jenkins, Kuhn or Patterson will be cut. The thing with Jenkins is he is being paid pretty good money and needs to provide play as a starter to be worth it.
    Earth - Wind - Fire 2.0
    Jennings - Wilson - Williams

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (75) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (28.5) -> ???

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Am I the only one that thinks they could go from 3 TE they normally carry to 2, and instead carry 2 FB? Whichever FB loses will most likely get to start on another team practically for free...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks they could go from 3 TE they normally carry to 2, and instead carry 2 FB? Whichever FB loses will most likely get to start on another team practically for free...
    I agree with that. I'd like them to find room for Conner, Rhino and Hillis so that sounds like a good option.
    Earth - Wind - Fire 2.0
    Jennings - Wilson - Williams

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (75) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (28.5) -> ???

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.