+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Do you think TE Colt is worth the risk?

Hes obviously a gifted athlete and was considered a future 1st round talent. He has had many issues and is drug past is recorded.

Now how do you guys feel about giving him a shot as an UDFA with a rookie minimum. giants have a strong organization that could give this kid the stability he lacked at Oregon.

What do you all think?

I prefer Pepsi.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    JR is the GIANTS GM as TC is the coach and Eli is the QB. Support them.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Considering our new push for team Captains, he may not be a good fit. I would love to see him signed as a situational pass catcher. Low Risk, High Reward.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    giants have a strong organization that could give this kid the stability he lacked at Oregon.

What do you all think?
    Will Hill

We will stick with what we got unless a proven talent comes along. No need to take a chance on some project kid with off the field issues.
    Earth - Wind - Fire 2.0
    Jennings - Wilson - Williams

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (75) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (28.5) -> ???

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Agree.. Don't you find it odd that even some of the teams know for signing those type players with off field issues have not even reached out to him to offer an UDFA contract. That's saying something
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran
    This kid may need to take a year off and "show me". Apply for the supplemental draft as a reinvented, polished NFL football player. I sincerely hope so.

Here is an article on him from yesterday

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ted-free-agent

(I know it's bleacher report, but . . . . )

The thing I find interesting about the article is that there is not a single mention in that article about the kid getting his act together. If it said that he's been clean and spent time in a treatment center or something like that, you might be able to justify giving him a chance. (Then again, it's the bleacher report, so maybe they just missed that part).

Quite frankly, his tweets about Sandy Hook elementary are more disturbing than his drug use. How do you think that would play here in NY? You can't fix crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    We will stick with what we got unless a proven talent comes along. No need to take a chance on some project kid with off the field issues.
    He sure has issues but I wouldnt say hes a project, hes kindve like Burfict where he has issues but can contribute day 1, he wouldnt be the only UDFA we sign this year with off the field issues (quarles)

Putting aside Lyerla's coke issues, his conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook school shooting wouldn't play well in New York. The last thing the Giants need is some loose cannon in the biggest media market in the country going on about government conspiracies.
    One of these teams is not like the others