+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

why was Grimble an UDFA?

i've watched his film, and i like him better than all the prospects outside of Ebron. Grimble was an excellent RZ threat, could seal the edge in the run game, was dangerous up the seam, and ran more routes in the route tree than the TE's outside of Ebron. he has the frame, but needs to add some bulk, yes. but, there no way Nicklas, Feidoweorijlsd or whatever his name is, or even ASJ were that much better of a prospect that they got drafted in the mid rounds and Grimble went undrafted.

did he have some off field issues or something? 11 TD grabs is 11 TD grabs. he also was playing at USC when their coaching and program system were all out of whack. i cant see a glaring reason this kid went undrafted...

I was thinking the same exact thing.
    I posted this opinion in a different thread here, and some responded by saying he was "too slow".
    O-B-J !!!

27 TEs were invited to the combine. 10 got drafted

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    27 TEs were invited to the combine. 10 got drafted
    Wow . . . . is that the case most years, or was this just a real weak TE class?

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Wow . . . . is that the case most years, or was this just a real weak TE class?
    It was a terrible TE class.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i've watched his film, and i like him better than all the prospects outside of Ebron. Grimble was an excellent RZ threat, could seal the edge in the run game, was dangerous up the seam, and ran more routes in the route tree than the TE's outside of Ebron. he has the frame, but needs to add some bulk, yes. but, there no way Nicklas, Feidoweorijlsd or whatever his name is, or even ASJ were that much better of a prospect that they got drafted in the mid rounds and Grimble went undrafted.

did he have some off field issues or something? 11 TD grabs is 11 TD grabs. he also was playing at USC when their coaching and program system were all out of whack. i cant see a glaring reason this kid went undrafted...
    I thought he was the 6th best TE in the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I thought he was the 6th best TE in the class.
    yeah i was being over the top. i tend to do that. but i def dont see him being outside the other 4 TE's taken after Ebron. there were things i liked about him over the 2-5 TE's. Like the Feidohowever its spelled TE, was so unathletic in his movements as a receiver. actually, that was the case as well with ASJ. Ebron was the better pass option, followed by Amaro, then I guess ASJ, Feid (the iowa state TE), then Niklas based off the scouts I followed. Grimble is right behind Amaro imho in that regard. As a run blocker, he was actually pretty decent-solid at times. i at least saw that he has the ability, whether he harnessed it repeatedly or not, to technically seal off the edge and create an alley. i didnt see ebron do that at all really, same with Amaro. Grimble was used both inline and as a Y and as a motion FB. i'm very stoked we got him, but cant see how he wasnt at least drafted. he also played with more leverage in the pass game meaning i saw him understand he can use his body like a basketball player and create a window even with tight coverage.

i actually think this kid could actually end up becoming Ballard the 2nd. not strictly in terms of playing time as a rookie, but have the actual success ballard did as quickly as he did as an UDFA. if robinson and DOnnell dont show they can be the guy, wouldnt surprise me if Grimble is starting at some point. I mean fwiw, DOnnell looked absolutely lost and clumsy a lot of the time when he was on the field. robinson never ever saw the field in any sort of meaningful capacity.

hopefully a team with a few quality TE's decides to cut one for the June 1rst cuts and we can claim him.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post

I think it's because it was indeed a train wreck, so scouts stayed clear. Not just because of play on the field, there were other issues. It's hard enough for some teams scouts to go to the West coast to see teams, more money on travel, but it's hard to judge the guy when the whole team plays without coordination. Doesn't mean he couldn't become a serviceable TE. When I watched him in PAC12 play, I would say he was solid in everything they asked him to do. Just not crazy athletic like some of the other TE's. So he didn't stand out either.

Because he is slow as Bear Pascoe

BEAT THE EAGLES PERRY!

ELI-MINATED

Quote Originally Posted by Geebanga718 View Post
    Because he is slow as Bear Pascoe
    Yea. He's about as explosive as Jake Ballard. Which says something because Ballard is the opposite of explosive.