+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In light of draft, giving up Tuck was questionable

In light of draft, giving up Tuck was questionable

Now that the draft is finally over -- why did NYG give up on Tuck?

No real DL quality taken in the draft, and the roster is thin as well.

Agree?

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Tuck's best days are behind him and his pricetag would hinder us. I dont like some of our picks either, but lets first see how they do in fact pan out.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Tuck will always be a true Giant, but it was time for he and the Giants to part ways. While I wanted the Giants to draft a DE, they signed a few DE's as UDFAs, so hopefully some of them will work out.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Tuck will always be a true Giant, but it was time for he and the Giants to part ways. While I wanted the Giants to draft a DE, they signed a few DE's as UDFAs, so hopefully some of them will work out.
    Hopefully Moore can step up
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I think that Ayers and Moore will replace Tuck's production

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Hopefully Moore can step up
    +100.

It's time for DaMonster to show up with a vengeance.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Tuck was my favorite player and I'm sad to see him gone but I cannot wait to see us release DAMONSTER Moore. I think this is his opportunity to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    Now that the draft is finally over -- why did NYG give up on Tuck?

No real DL quality taken in the draft, and the roster is thin as well.

Agree?
    I love what Tuck has given this team and he will always be one of my favorite Giants but he has been on a downward trend and played his butt off in a contract year. I think the Giants did the right thing in letting him go.

Tuck was a great player and amazing Giant and IMO the MVP of the first Super Bowl he won. We will never know what happened and what offers were made or turned down or for what reason.

As far as finding a replacement, well Giants fans have been spoiled for decades now. We went from LT to Strahan to Osi to Tuck to JPP. It is very rare for a team to find a pass rusher of that quality and we have always had one (at least since '81). It is foolish to think one will leave and we will be able to replace them in the draft of that same year. I am glad JPP is here and hope he is close to 100%. We have to see how Moore is as well.

Depending on how Moore and JPP pan out I expect us to target another pass rusher early next year.
    Earth - Wind - Fire 2.0
    Jennings - Wilson - Williams

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (75) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (28.5) -> ???

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Banned
    Tuck has a good bit of gas left in the tank and other teams would have been able to pay him significantly more. They didnt give up on him, it was a business decision.

+ Reply to Thread