+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If we had given Tuck 5.5mill per season, shame on us. He should have gotten 1.5 per season and I'm sure he will only play one season on Oakland. We picked up a lot of pieces with savings from letting Tuck walk.

We are banking on JPP and the development of young talent. We will be tough against the run and we now have good corners to protect our pass rush deficiencies. Hopefully we get something out of Ayers and Moore and JPP lives up to the hype.

Perry Fewell Countdown Has Begun!!!!!

ELI-MINATED

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    Now that the draft is finally over -- why did NYG give up on Tuck?

No real DL quality taken in the draft, and the roster is thin as well.

Agree?
    We basically replaced a 33 (?) year old Tuck with a 28 year old Ayers. Ayers isn't the pass rusher Tuck has been but I like the age differential, the price differential and the fact that Ayers is a solid run defender. We have 4 solid DE options in my mind in JPP/Ayers/Moore/Kiwi and there weren't many DE prosprects rated highly in the draft after Clowney.

I'd have liked to grab Donald but not at the cost of OBJ (a pick I'm happy with). Also would have preferred a Tuitt or Hageman but not over the Richburg pick. Wasn't thrilled with the Bromley pick but the fact we also have signed Quarles gives us a better chance that 1 or 2 of those guys will help our DL rotation out.

I think it was smart to move on from Tuck -- he put everything into having a big walk (FA) year last year and I could definitely see him dropping back off or getting reinjured this year.

Agree?
    I think people are assuming the Giants defense is going to play the same as they have in years past this is clearly a defense in transition and all the parts arent quite here. Its going to take 1 more offseason to get the edge rushers

Agree?
    Actually I do not agree on the "thin" account, at least not compared to last season.

If anything, I think we have far more depth at most positions at the expense of a couple starters.

Banned
    I said from day 1 letting Tuck go was a bad call, supposedly he only wanted 2yrs 8mil from us, I think that would've been a steal. Shocked and disappointed we said no to that, people can talk about his "decline" all they want.. there still aren't many 4-3 DEs in the league that are better than Tuck and none of them could be had anywhere near that price range.

Also very disappointed we didn't take Kareem Martin in the 3rd round when we had the chance.

All-Pro
    I am bummer Tuck is gone but more so that I like to see players like him who have contributed huge to the team play their entire career on the Giants.
    His production will be taken care on the field I think but his locker room presence and veteran position will be missed
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I am bummer Tuck is gone but more so that I like to see players like him who have contributed huge to the team play their entire career on the Giants.
    His production will be taken care on the field I think but his locker room presence and veteran position will be missed
    Agreed with all but that last part, not sure we get 11 sacks out of our LDEs or consistently great play against the run (if demontre is rotating in for Ayers)

I think fans will be dissapointed with the pass rush this year. JPP turned into a bull rusher before his back gave out and Ayers is a bull rusher as well. We need a speed rusher off the edge. QB's should have good pocket time, unless the play breaks down, and our CB's hold the Wideouts down the field.

Quote Originally Posted by PUGH72 View Post
    I think fans will be dissapointed with the pass rush this year. JPP turned into a bull rusher before his back gave out and Ayers is a bull rusher as well. We need a speed rusher off the edge. QB's should have good pocket time, unless the play breaks down, and our CB's hold the Wideouts down the field.
    I agree we lack that speed rush guy. But that was not Tuck either.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I agree we lack that speed rush guy. But that was not Tuck either.
    tru, and i don't believe it's going to be kennard or moore either. Maybe some more safety or CB blitzes to generate pressure off the edge.