+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Do you think TE Colt is worth the risk?

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Unbelievable. In a rush to get off loquacious rants, some of you fail to realize that conspiracy theories were secondary, tertiary or irrelevant entirely to what was being discussed.

You ever think that the main issue on hand was that regardless of what he believed in, it wasn't his place to publicly lambaste something that would possibly offend people, not just those who lost children at Sandy Hook but of any school shooting?
    This is really it in a nutshell.

Its why I said Lewan wasn't going to be considered at a spick here either.

There are guys who have been on record doing or saying really controversial things. NYC is the media capital of the world, and use the word media loosely to describe what is more like Paper***i. In 2006, the NYC "media" was in such an uproar over Strahan's divorce and contract talks they had half the posters on this board hating his guts and wanting him cut. I couldn't believe it. This was perhaps the most likable player and public representative this team has ever had, and the media somehow managed to turn him into a bad guy, over nothing. Imagine what they would do if they got ahold of this kid, or Lewan, or anyone who has done or said some really controversial things in the past.

The Giants have to consider these things because it is a reality of their world. Most NFL franchises do not have these concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Unbelievable. In a rush to get off loquacious rants, some of you fail to realize that conspiracy theories were secondary, tertiary or irrelevant entirely to what was being discussed.

You ever think that the main issue on hand was that regardless of what he believed in, it wasn't his place to publicly lambaste something that would possibly offend people, not just those who lost children at Sandy Hook but of any school shooting?
    This! +100!

Lyerla's belief in conspiracy theories isn't the issue. Getting on social media and calling the the parents of kids that were killed in a school shooting liars is the issue, especially when school/mass shootings in this country are a major problem.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    or, in other words, "No, I have not done the slightest bit of research in any form from an unbiased stance. What I feel reality has to be like, is the way reality has to be, because things cannot be beyond the realm of how I see it from an uneducated stance."

I'm not discussing sandy hook either, at all. "my own brain tells me..." is one of the quickest, and easiest ways at indoctrination and manipulation, fwiw. you could very well be right in this case, but, you have no reason to act as an authority, as again, this colt guy, i dont even know him or of the tweets u speak of, from what i read in the post, has at least claimed to have done some research into it. "my own brain tells me" is about as big a logical fallacy as there can be, and really, can be reduced down to nothing more than, "it has to be my way."

it boils down to this:

either the gov't has never lied, and a sensitive incident such as Sandy Hook, has never been staged for hidden motives

or,

the gov't has, on some level, lied and staged at least 1 sensitive incident

if its option 2, then, one should have no reason to take issue if an individual challenges the validity. but if a person believes option 1, then, theres no reason to challenge any potential scenario that could ultimately be misleading.

for me, I know 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt, that option 2 is accurate. but, thats me. but we are WAYYYYYYY beyond the realm of football. i hope i didnt disrespect anyone if i did, my bad. sometimes i overreact. its an interesting topic tho so if anyone wishs to discuss this further, just PM me i guess. i mean, not for nothing, but there are beyond a shadow of a doubt, cold hard facts about the particular topic that, when one becomes aware of it, has no choice but to question wtf is up with that. i wont pretend to know if sandy hook did or didnt happen. but, lets say I can confidently say there are some very conspicuous "coincidence" that can, again, be proven beyond any shadow of a doubt. i wont claim parents are lying and no child died etc, but i can make claims supported by complete and utter documented fact surrounding the incident. and thats why there are people with differing mindsets than to just accept it.

does that mean I need tin foil? i dont even care about the topic and whose right or not. i just know that the use of the term conspiracy theorist when applied to someone in a manner that puts said person down, its almost always a result of indoctrination, one way or the other.
    It means you've done and smoked yourself ******ed.

+ Reply to Thread