+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    I'd sign him with no hesitation. Kids make mistakes and do stupid things all the time. I think he's talented enough to gamble on, put him through camp and see what happens. If he screws up, you just cut him. If he doesnt, you got the absolute biggest steal of the draft. Ive been mentioning his name for weeks now. I know his past, but we have no TE and if theres just a small window of hope, Id say its worth the risk

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Putting aside Lyerla's coke issues, his conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook school shooting wouldn't play well in New York. The last thing the Giants need is some loose cannon in the biggest media market in the country going on about government conspiracies.
    There have been many other more prominent figures that have also expressed their opinions about Sandy Hook being a conspiracy. I personally know some people that know some people that have expressed very disturbing factual info. Some their opinions have been leaked on Google. Regardless, he has the right to have whatever political / conspiracy opinion he believes in.

His opinions have absolutely nothing to do with football. Every one has their own. His personal conduct and drug problems should only be relevant to the NFL..
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    I'd sign him with no hesitation. Kids make mistakes and do stupid things all the time. I think he's talented enough to gamble on, put him through camp and see what happens. If he screws up, you just cut him. If he doesnt, you got the absolute biggest steal of the draft. Ive been mentioning his name for weeks now. I know his past, but we have no TE and if theres just a small window of hope, Id say its worth the risk
    I agree, look at how well Burfict turned out for Cincy and he did just as much if not more dumb stuff in college and leading up to the draft, if Reese signs him he looks like a genius at the end of the season. Plus with all the team captains we drafted theres going to be a considerable amount of added leadership to keep him in check.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    There have been many other more prominent figures that have also expressed their opinions about Sandy Hook being a conspiracy. I personally know some people that know some people that have expressed very disturbing factual info. Some their opinions have been leaked on Google. Regardless, he has the right to have whatever political / conspiracy opinion he believes in.

His opinions have absolutely nothing to do with football. Every one has their own. His personal conduct and drug problems should only be relevant to the NFL..
    And we have the right not to sign cokeheads with ridiculous and offensive conspiracy theories about a mass murder of children in our backyard. See how this freedom thing works?

**** him.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    And we have the right not to sign cokeheads with ridiculous and offensive conspiracy theories about a mass murder of children in our backyard. See how this freedom thing works?

**** him.
    Exactly, its his freedom of speech, as it is yours to say what you think. More importantly, If our FO is hesitant enough to not draft a TE this year, then they can at least have the balls to roll the dice on someone who could be the steal of the year.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

**** him.
    His drug use and questionable conduct is only relevant. Not his opinion, just like you have yours. Everyone has that right. You always judge everyone on these boards as if you are a priest. See how this freedom thing works ?
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Exactly, its his freedom of speech, as it is yours to say what you think. More importantly, If our FO is hesitant enough to not draft a TE this year, then they can at least have the balls to roll the dice on someone who could be the steal of the year.
    Steal of the year . . . lol

The guy was a complete disaster in college and we have not heard anything about him getting his act together.

Steal of the year . . . lol

The guy was a complete disaster in college and we have not heard anything about him getting his act together.
    He was a disaster at the end of his college career. You can laugh all you want bud, but some team will pick him up. If he stays out of trouble and plays to his potential, he's got a huge ceiling. Thats a big steal and you're not risking much at taking it.

- Homer J. Simpson

Lyerla is entitled to have whatever opinion he wants to have. But that opinion wouldn't play well in a big media market like New York. Throw in the coke problems and it's a PR disaster waiting to happen for the Giants and the NFL.
    One of these teams is not like the others

His drug use and questionable conduct is only relevant. Not his opinion, just like you have yours. Everyone has that right. You always judge everyone on these boards as if you are a priest. See how this freedom thing works ?
    You have to be a priest to be offended by his Sandy Hook theories? Eh, ok.

You don't think that the Giants would consider his stupid Sandy Hook opinions when deciding whether or not to sign him, given that a good portion of the team's fan base hails from that area? I mean if his opinion is completely irrelevant to the team, why did Oregon come out with a statement condemning it?

We're running a business, not a soup kitchen.