+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes Donald better than Bromley

Bromley holds up the point of attack better against double teams but doesnt have nearly the explosion that Donald has

Quote Originally Posted by born blue View Post
    Senior year stats
    Bromley had 13.5 TFL and 9 sacks
    Donald had 28.5 TFL and 11 sacks

I think 28.5 TFL led the nation. He was defensive player of the year. I am fine with what the NYG chose to do, but I don't think you can argue that Bromley had more production...

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...-donald-1.html
    http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...bromley-1.html
    I was actually gonna post myself that Donalds stats weren't close to Bromleys(who had great stats).. THank you for posting this. He basically doubled up on TFL compared to Bromley and had more sacks, plus Donald has been productive for quite awhile.

whats the big deal...
    maybe they will both be great NFL players....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Bromley doesn't have the insane 1st step of Donald and isn't as good an athlete.

Also, Donald tore up the offseason, including the combine, senior bowl week and reportedly interviews too. I am not saying Bromley isn't a good practicer either, but the coaches at Pitt were saying stuff like "hardest worker we have ever seen" and talked of his work ethic ins practice with regards to Donald.

Outside of the Marvin Austin Pick, we have had good luck drafting DT's Hopefully this trend continues with Hanks and Bromley.

Think it is more about what the top three would have looked like if they took Donald in the first - who do you take in the second and third. If you don't take Richburg in the second and take a receiver you get Montcrief or someone of that caliber (not bad at all) but what is left in the third for Center, still solid picks I suppose. I think the way they attacked it they got solid players in the top three, actually the top 4 spots in the draft. I think there were lots of options to address the WR, OL and DL and they decided this was the way to go; we'll have to wait to see how things pan out this year to really tell how their strategy worked.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    Outside of the Marvin Austin Pick, we have had good luck drafting DT's Hopefully this trend continues with Hanks and Bromley.
    I think it was a good pick, just a few rounds earlier than I thought he would go. He was my sleeper pick late, guess he wasnt that much of a sleeper.

With that said, Donald will be the sexier DT on the field. Bromley could end up a solid DT, rotating with Hank Jenkins ect... Donald will start from the get go and put up the numbers. He has a motor like I havent seen since Sapp.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I think it was a good pick, just a few rounds earlier than I thought he would go. He was my sleeper pick late, guess he wasnt that much of a sleeper.

With that said, Donald will be the sexier DT on the field. Bromley could end up a solid DT, rotating with Hank Jenkins ect... Donald will start from the get go and put up the numbers. He has a motor like I havent seen since Sapp.
    I agree with it being a solid pick, I too was surprised, especially with the talent at DT still on the board. I think Donald starting will depend on how well he can play the run in the NFL. At worst I think he will be on the field for passing downs cause he clearly does that very well. That is a tough DL to crack into though for a rookie. Will be interesting to watch.
    Earth - Wind - Fire 2.0
    Jennings - Wilson - Williams

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (75) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (28.5) -> ???

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

I'm still upset that we didn't draft Donald. I really wanted that kid. Reese kinda made it up for me when he drafted Bromley, as he was my second favorite pick right behind Richburg.

the fact the coaching staff thinks bromley can get up to around 320 and still be able to get after the passer intrigues me, thats the size of the average NT, absolutely massive for a 3tech.

donalds drive and motor makes up for his size, i think bromley has that size and power naturally.

+ Reply to Thread