+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 86

Thread: What makes Donald better than Bromley

  1. #21
    Bromley did play a lot of 1T and even 0. It's possible they see him as one.

  2. #22
    Veteran King Sully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,830
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Bromley did play a lot of 1T and even 0. It's possible they see him as one.
    Why would you want to take away from his strengths though
    Ig: casefit - follow

  3. #23
    Veteran gurujot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by King Sully View Post
    Why would you want to take away from his strengths though
    Plus we already got big Hank for that

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by King Sully View Post
    Why would you want to take away from his strengths though
    When Cofield was our 1 tech he was #4 on the team in sacks behind Tuck, Osi and Kiwi. You can be a 1 tech and rush the passer.
    Earth - Wind - Fire 2.0
    Jennings - Wilson - Williams

    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (75) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (28.5) -> ???

    The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by King Sully View Post
    Why would you want to take away from his strengths though
    I'm not so sure that's his strength yet. He looks great laterally and holding a point. A lot of his sacks didn't come from him shooting his gap. There is still a lot to mold with him.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,674
    When they didn't draft Donald I thought it was due to the fact that they believed the answer was in house, then they drafted Bromley and brought in a plethora of DT's in the UDFA process, now I'm like huh? There is no way Beckham graded better overall than Donald, even if its on the opposite spectrum of the ball, I'm just going to wait and see how this one plays out, maybe there was something to Donald that we didn't know about.

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

  7. #27
    I think it's possible they had Beckham higher. There are more successful WRs with his height than there are NFL DTs with Donald's. They may have been turned off by that. Sounds like they had several players after Beckham, but before Donald.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    When they didn't draft Donald I thought it was due to the fact that they believed the answer was in house, then they drafted Bromley and brought in a plethora of DT's in the UDFA process, now I'm like huh? There is no way Beckham graded better overall than Donald, even if its on the opposite spectrum of the ball, I'm just going to wait and see how this one plays out, maybe there was something to Donald that we didn't know about.
    This board graded Donald way higher than the Giants did. At the end of the day ODB will likely have more impact than Donald. People fell in love with Donald's pass rushing and pretty much ignored every other thing about him and his game.

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I think it's possible they had Beckham higher. There are more successful WRs with his height than there are NFL DTs with Donald's. They may have been turned off by that. Sounds like they had several players after Beckham, but before Donald.
    I agree. I think Donald is a very hit or miss prospect.
    Earth - Wind - Fire 2.0
    Jennings - Wilson - Williams

    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (75) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (28.5) -> ???

    The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by gurujot View Post
    From what I've seen which is only highlights, they were both pretty under the radar during the season, Donald got a boost from the senior bowl and they both seem to be gap penetrators, but Bromley had better production against similar competition and he's bigger and stronger than Donald which usually means more durable. Am I missing something
    wait 3 years. If our 3rd rounder is still on the team, I'll buy you a brand new shiney galaxy s whatever or iphone whatever that year

    cool?

    basically what Im saying is, he sucks and he'll start to show sings of that this year. Cant wait!

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    This board graded Donald way higher than the Giants did. At the end of the day ODB will likely have more impact than Donald. People fell in love with Donald's pass rushing and pretty much ignored every other thing about him and his game.
    We were not the only ones a lot of Analyst, coaches, draft pundits thought A.Donald was a better prospect, he was always mocked higher than Beckham, graded higher in every top 50-100 prospects, A lot of people bypassed his size for his motor ad pass rushing ability, which is why he was drafted in the first round, if it wasn't for that motor and dominance he would of been a day 4 prospect

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts