+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2015 TE prospects

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I was thinking almost the exact same thing. Every year people make up arbitrary "things we wont do" and more often than not they are all proven wrong.

Before Eli it was the Giants FO is boring "they never make draft day trades"

They only rule of thumb I have seen that holds water is that this organization doesn't like character/maturity red flags on their 1st round picks.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Took him long enough to draft a Center , seriously how many drafts in a row did we want a center. We have been asking for a young center for at least 5 years
    Agreed. But they did sign a high priced Center which is kinda similar as far as investing alot into the position. You sure won't here me complain about Weston Richburg in RD2.. I honestly think hes gonna be one of the best Centers in the league over the next 10yrs, and hes all ours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I dont get your comment. So, we went WR in the first. We do that a bunch. We often take early WRs in the draft. When was the last time it was TE? Shockey 12 years ago. We seem to trend away from TE and DT in the first, especially since Reese has taken over. Could we in 2015? Sure. But odds are we wont. Reese hasnt drafted a TE or LB in the first. We have won 2 SBs with "subpar" LBs and TEs. It seems he doesnt value them much. WR obvisouly he values. DE obviously. CB obviously. Those seem to be his top 3 positions he values in the first. But again, it all matters who slips on the board to our spot. We are all really just guessing, but I have come to the conclusion, he wont take a TE or LB in the first.
    Reese has been GM for 8 drafts, so it's still a relatively small sample size to fit every position in. Since 1936, Giants have taken 5 WRs in the first round. Prior to Hakeem Nicks in 2009, last one they drafted was Ike Hilliard in 1997. How many TEs are drafted in the first to begin with? Since 2002 [Shockey's draft] there have been 15 TEs drafted in the first. So that averages to only one per first round.

Now Accorsi was quoted as saying to avoid taking OL early, but Reese bucked that trend last year. Hard to chastise him for not going TE and LB while being hardly enough to say he won't draft one.

Jay Rome from Georgia is very athletic looking I think he will be a better prospect then Lynch was

What about the kid from Rutgers

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Nick O'Leary is the only person worth mentioning right now.
    U think , I think he is a mid to late round player. He is undersized ,not overly fast, and has a maxed out frame
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 05-20-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    What about the kid from Rutgers

Yeah, this kids gonna be at or near the top of the TE class. The best part is Gary Novas back and they are returning 8 starters on offense, so we should be able to get a good idea of what kinda player Kroft is.. Super beastly game against Ark!

+ Reply to Thread