+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With there draft picks, Lions have the looks of a extremely dangerous team. Wk1 opp.

I was looking at Depth Charts and the Lions caught my eye.

A offense that now includes Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Eric Ebron, Reggie Bush, Brandon Pettigrew, Kris Durham, Joique Bell, and of course Matthew Stafford. They built a solid Oline as well, and made a sick pick last yr getting Larry Warford in RD2. I had said he was a 1st rd pick and probably just as good as the other highly ranked G's as well, and he has been. They obviously got other pieces including Reiff and drafting of Travis Swanson. THey are alittle weak at RT potentially, all though LaAdrian Waddle was another deep sleeper I liked last yr, so I obviously can see him playing at least solidly..

Then on Defense, they got a starting line of J.Jones, Fairley, Suh, and Ansah..lol Jesus! Palmer Tulloch, and Levy aren't a bad LB trio and they not have added Kyle Van Noy as well. I'm not crazy with there Secondary but Darius Slay has time to step up and they still got Mathis and Houston.

Overall, the Lions could be big surprise this yr.

They're offense is scary good on paper. Megatron, Tate, Ebron, Bush, and Bell is insane

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    They're offense is scary good on paper. Megatron, Tate, Ebron, Bush, and Bell is insane
    With solid depth as well. Guys like Durham and Pettigrew will fit back up roles perfectly. If Ryan Broyles hits on his ability, this could be one of the most deadly offenses for yrs to come. Stafford of course is the key to the whole thing. If he can be a tad more accurate, this teams gonna score a boat load of points.

That Dline is scare as well. They got some questions in the back 7 on defense, but picks like Kyle Van Noy could make that change quickly. They're adding alot of playmakers on defense to the fold. If Slay plays good, they could be above Avg defensively to go with that beast Offense. Larry Warford is gonna be a 5time probowler or more. You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    With solid depth as well. Guys like Durham and Pettigrew will fit back up roles perfectly. If Ryan Broyles hits on his ability, this could be one of the most deadly offenses for yrs to come. Stafford of course is the key to the whole thing. If he can be a tad more accurate, this teams gonna score a boat load of points.

That Dline is scare as well. They got some questions in the back 7 on defense, but picks like Kyle Van Noy could make that change quickly. They're adding alot of playmakers on defense to the fold. If Slay plays good, they could be above Avg defensively to go with that beast Offense. Larry Warford is gonna be a 5time probowler or more. You heard it here first.
    Yeah they are stacked at the skill positions on offense for sure. Like you said their defense just needs to keep them in the game because their offense is going to more than likely put up some crazy numbers. Still pissed they took Ebron... I thought DB was going to be the pick for them but he definitely adds another serious weapon on that offense.

Yeah Warford is an absolute monster! He was a great pick last year

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Veteran
    I told you guys someone was going to reach on Ebron in the top 10. There were only three weapons on offense that was worth those grades by analyst, Watkins/Evans/Ebron...once Evans was off the board I knew immediately the Lions were going to target him, I am.on record in another post that the Lions fans and organization felt they had some young guys at DB that they felt comfortable moving forward with, this was all about providing a prolific offense for Stafford to manueve. The offense doesn't scare me its the front 7 of that defense that if they gel can be destructive it can have a domino effect making the secondary have to do less which is always more.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Waddle played well. He secured the right side of their line with Warford for a stretch. Pettigrew is expendable. Fauria played better than I thought, and will probably be one of their main redzone targets. Of his 18 catches, 7 of them were for TDs.

Still, I think of the Lions like the Giants. They lose a lot of the games they should win, typically shooting themselves in the foot in order to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I was looking at Depth Charts and the Lions caught my eye.

A offense that now includes Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Eric Ebron, Reggie Bush, Brandon Pettigrew, Kris Durham, Joique Bell, and of course Matthew Stafford. They built a solid Oline as well, and made a sick pick last yr getting Larry Warford in RD2. I had said he was a 1st rd pick and probably just as good as the other highly ranked G's as well, and he has been. They obviously got other pieces including Reiff and drafting of Travis Swanson. THey are alittle weak at RT potentially, all though LaAdrian Waddle was another deep sleeper I liked last yr, so I obviously can see him playing at least solidly..

Then on Defense, they got a starting line of J.Jones, Fairley, Suh, and Ansah..lol Jesus! Palmer Tulloch, and Levy aren't a bad LB trio and they not have added Kyle Van Noy as well. I'm not crazy with there Secondary but Darius Slay has time to step up and they still got Mathis and Houston.

Overall, the Lions could be big surprise this yr.
    Yep they have a ton of talent ,the NFC is loaded in general, the Giants need to win the East if they are making the playoffs

Offensively, if their line holds up and Stafford can limit TOs, they should be very good. But if their defense does not get a consistent pass rush, they will be picked apart. Their secondary is beyond bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Yep they have a ton of talent ,the NFC is loaded in general, the Giants need to win the East if they are making the playoffs
    Or hope the North beats the crap outta eachother. But yeah, I could easily see Det and GB make the postseason from the NFC North.

Talent-wise, the Lions have been fairly dangerous for the last few years. If Caldwell can give them the discipline that Schwartz couldn't and get them to stay focused on both sides of the ball then Detroit becomes even more dangerous.
    One of these teams is not like the others