+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 140
  1. #21
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,854
    would be nice to some of these QBs actually make it.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  2. #22
    It also the fact that every spot they slide down, they're losing bits of money per slot as per the rookie draft wage system. Johnny Manziel will be making half as much as if he were drafted in the top 10.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    It also the fact that every spot they slide down, they're losing bits of money per slot as per the rookie draft wage system. Johnny Manziel will be making half as much as if he were drafted in the top 10.
    For sure. An unceremonious slide out of the first round would have been hard for him to take.

    I just find it a disturbing that a team could allow a freaking college player to dictate its draft. Jimmy Haslam is such a nubcake.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    For sure. An unceremonious slide out of the first round would have been hard for him to take.

    I just find it a disturbing that a team could allow a freaking college player to dictate its draft. Jimmy Haslam is such a nubcake.
    This isnt just some college player, this is Johnny Football we are talking about.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    For sure. An unceremonious slide out of the first round would have been hard for him to take.

    I just find it a disturbing that a team could allow a freaking college player to dictate its draft. Jimmy Haslam is such a nubcake.
    Well, this is the same Haslam that claimed a homeless guy convinced him to draft Manziel.

    But I don't know what I find funnier, Manziel texting the Browns and begging them to draft him or the story that the Browns originally had Bridgewater on their draft card and Haslam made them change it to Manziel.
    One of these teams is not like the others


  6. #26
    Veteran RagTime Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Carlstadt, NJ
    Posts
    4,024
    You can't blame a player for wanting to make more money.

    Every draft slot gets less than the one above him, and Johnny's agent saw the custom options getting taken off yacht.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    This isnt just some college player, this is Johnny Football we are talking about.
    Also known as:

    Johnny Tebow
    Johnny Griffin III
    Johnny Out-of-the-league-in-3-years.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Also known as:

    Johnny Tebow
    Johnny Griffin III
    Johnny Out-of-the-league-in-3-years.
    Come on, he will at least get a 4th year on the jets or raiders.

  9. #29
    The original text sent by Manziel was so generic that he could have sent it out to multiple teams and see who responds. Reminiscent of the kind you send out late at night to see which girl is up for some fun.

  10. #30
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,781
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    It's kind of embarrassing if a player has to text a team and tell them to draft him as he's sliding down the draft board, especially when that team had already passed him up the first time.
    Its just the business aspect of it. Johnny has more media on him is why this got out if it is in fact true. The Browns obviously didn't care , nor should we.. Great pick by the Browns, and as I said many times, Manziel might of been the most instinctive player in this draft.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts