+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    If Josh Gordon gets his butt outta his rear, the Browns are gonna be very good team.. Look at this potential offense..

Johnny Manziel QB
    Ben Tate and Terrance West at RB
    Josh Gordon, Andrew Hawkins, Nate Burleson, and Benjamin at WR
    Jordan Cameron at TE
    Schwartz, Mack, Thomas, and Bitonio on the Oline..

Some serious potential..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    If Josh Gordon gets his butt outta his rear, the Browns are gonna be very good team.. Look at this potential offense..

Johnny Manziel QB
    Ben Tate and Terrance West at RB
    Josh Gordon, Andrew Hawkins, Nate Burleson, and Benjamin at WR
    Jordan Cameron at TE
    Schwartz, Mack, Thomas, and Bitonio on the Oline..

Some serious potential..
    For sure, and their defense isn't bad, either. They only need a Romo-level QB to become competitive. I say "only" but it's obviously not that easy to find one.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 05-17-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    For sure, and their defense isn't bad, either. They only need a Romo-level QB to become competitive. I say "only" but it's obviously not that easy to find one.
    I think Johnny's gonna be awesome. Instincts is probably the thing I look for most in prospects I like.. Guys i've loved in the past like Earl Thomas, Akeem Ayers, and Doug Martin come to mind..

And as you said, the Defense was decent and continues to upgrade... I mean, Justin Gilbert and Joe Haden as your starting CB duo, is pretty insane. Add in guys like Jabaal Sheard, Mingo, Kruger, Dansby, and P.Taylor, and you got alittles something...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I think Johnny's gonna be awesome. Instincts is probably the thing I look for most in prospects I like.. Guys i've loved in the past like Earl Thomas, Akeem Ayers, and Doug Martin come to mind..

And as you said, the Defense was decent and continues to upgrade... I mean, Justin Gilbert and Joe Haden as your starting CB duo, is pretty insane. Add in guys like Jabaal Sheard, Mingo, Kruger, Dansby, and P.Taylor, and you got alittles something...
    I think Manziel is going to be a lot like VIck... An electrifying player, but not one that's necessarily going to be able to put his team over the top.

Banned
    There is no reason to think Manziel is going to be exceptional. He is a playmaking college QB who worked from a lot of spread formations. He has a lot to learn about the pro game. That is why he slipped in the draft.

And its cleveland for crying out loud

I think Cleveland's best chance would be to wait until a QB hits FA. Even someone like Andy Dalton would do them some good. Obviously Manziel is going to get a 2-3-year grace period now, though.

I think Cleveland's best chance would be to wait until a QB hits FA. Even someone like Andy Dalton would do them some good. Obviously Manziel is going to get a 2-3-year grace period now, though.
    But, if a guy like Dalton isn't good enough to take his current team far, what makes you think he'd be able to do it in Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    But, if a guy like Dalton isn't good enough to take his current team far, what makes you think he'd be able to do it in Cleveland?
    I don't. I just think he'd give Cleveland a better going than they've had. I don't rate Dalton much, but compared to the dregs that Cleveland have been wheeling out at the position, I think he'd be a pretty big improvement.

Who knows, Manziel could prove his doubters wrong. I just find that hard to believe, what with Cleveland's gleaming track record for drafting quality quarterbacks and all...

I don't. I just think he'd give Cleveland a better going than they've had. I don't rate Dalton much, but compared to the dregs that Cleveland have been wheeling out at the position, I think he'd be a pretty big improvement.

Who knows, Manziel could prove his doubters wrong. I just find that hard to believe, what with Cleveland's gleaming track record for drafting quality quarterbacks and all...
    True.

Like I said, I think Manziel's going to be a lot like Vick. He'll make the Browns better, and do so in an exciting manner, but he likely won't be one to take them to the promised land.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    Manziel's ego took a hit during the draft, and I loved every minute of it as he slid..
    It was pretty funny to watch.