+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best way to make gifs?

Best way to make gifs?

Im learning how to make gifs,and was wondering if any of the experts had any advice on this.Im trying to make more beckham ones,and having some trouble.
    Last edited by Greatone80; 05-18-2014 at 03:07 PM.
    '"Respect All,Fear none''

What program(s) are you using, and what issues are you having?

Photoshop (CS5 or 6) probably makes it the easiest, although editing individual frames with it can be a bit fiddly.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 05-18-2014 at 08:38 PM.

have all of the images needed for the animation.............put them into layers in photoshop............and convert each layer into a frame for the animated gif.
    you can adjust the time for each frame...etc

I was trying to learn how to do custom madden covers and gifs.I used some really primative software.I just thought id ask the experts as to what they use and maybe buy the same software being used.

Photoshop is expensive, so if you aren't really looking to do much with it, the value just won't add up. Gimp is a good free alternative to Photoshop; it'll be fine for Madden covers, but gifs aren't really its forte.

If you're unfamiliar with Photoshop, there are several free websites which will convert video clips to gifs (eg. https://imgflip.com/gifgenerator); the only downside with these is that they'll usually add a watermark to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Photoshop is expensive, so if you aren't really looking to do much with it, the value just won't add up. Gimp is a good free alternative to Photoshop; it'll be fine for Madden covers, but gifs aren't really its forte.

If you're unfamiliar with Photoshop, there are several free websites which will convert video clips to gifs (eg. https://imgflip.com/gifgenerator); the only downside with these is that they'll usually add a watermark to them.
    THANK YOU!!! thanks man,im going to try it now.Appreciate the help.

Gimp is a free program similar to photoshop. Only download it from their site though as some 2nd hand software sites embed their browsers and programs into the download.

I can turn u in the direction in finding some software if you contact me directly

+ Reply to Thread