+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5 Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    Davante Parker, WR, Louisville.
    Parker reminds me of Rueben Randle.. I like em alittle more though. Think he might be a bit more consistent deep threat.

A interesting prospect in a loaded RB class is Matt Jones RB of Florida. 6ft 2in 226lbs of downhill monster who as a freshman had people drewling about his overall package. He displayed explosion off the snap and a big burst to complement his downhill running style, and he was supposed to be the bell cow for Florida in 2013, but suffered from injuries and a viral infection that took away the yr for him... Hes got stiff comp in Gainsville(Fred Taylors kid), but if he hits on his potential, he could be a 2nd rd pick in a deep RB class.

I'm not really up to speed on this year's class of NCAA players but all I can say is I pray to all things holy that we finally draft a freaking linebacker for once, at least in rounds 1 or 2... I would love to sure up the position with some talent and youth that will be here for years to come. Tired of neglecting the position.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Now I want a burger
    and Fries. Their stuff is way too greasy in my opinion, although one can binge on their free peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I am sorry, but I truly hate this line of thinking. Why are you so willing to box our team into a small sample or possibility?
    I would of understood if you would of said its a far stretch for the Giants to draft a QB next year based on needs and Mariota being a possible #1 overall pick, but to say felt out the Giants will not draft a QB…

You either have inside info or you are just being negative, We can draft a QB next year we can draft 2 in the same draft, if the Giants feel the need to addresses the future and that future is with a top signal caller they will cross that bridge when the time comes, People said we wouldn't draft so many positions and were proven wrong.

And what is your reasoning for the giants not touching Gurley?
    Ok, let me clarify. They wont go QB or RB in round 1. Depending on Nassib and Williams / Wilson, they may go QB or RB later on.

If Eli struggles and his injury is hampering him, and Nassib looks completely lost, than maybe we could go QB in round 1. Mariota will most likely be a top 5, so hopefully we cant pick him lol. I just dont see RB though.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 05-26-2014 at 09:49 AM.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Ok, let me clarify. They wont go QB or RB in round 1. Depending on Nassib and Williams / Wilson, they may go QB or RB later on.

If Eli struggles and his injury is hampering him, and Nassib looks completely lost, than maybe we could go QB in round 1. Mariota will most likely be a top 5, so hopefully we cant pick him lol. I just dont see RB though.
    If eli sucks this year, I would bet we trade the farm for a qb

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post

you don't know what the giants would do, even if those people pan out, if they have a high grade on a player then they will make the pick. Mariotta/Gurely right now are the top best prospects of their positions, and probably top 5 overall. If the giants are able to get one, it is highly possible they pick them.
    Last edited by Smith&Nicks; 05-27-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Edit...double post
    Last edited by Smith&Nicks; 05-27-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Yeah, no chance on Mariota, I know.. I'd much rather have a good yr, personally. But who evers does need a QB and gets a chance to get Mariota, I bet they hit the lottery.
    Mariota is physically he is gifted but he has a ton of work to do as a passer. Similar prospect to Kaepernick coming out.Right now he is a 1 read QB with questionable mechanics. The extra year should benefit him.

A Sleeper to watch is Bryan Bennett of Southeast Louisana

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Mariota is physically he is gifted but he has a ton of work to do as a passer. Similar prospect to Kaepernick coming out.Right now he is a 1 read QB with questionable mechanics. The extra year should benefit him.

Benamin Allbright, a noted QB evaluator did not like Mariota as much as a prospect, had as a second or third rounder this past year. This could change this year, however.

For those questioning him, visit his twitter page, he has a link to his QB evaluations in the past and how he scored them all of the QB's the past five years. He's really the best ive seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post

I know the questions of his mechanics. I just think hes alittle unorthodox , but lets not think about taking anything away from this "Dual" threat QB.. Hes got incredible pocket awareness and always knows when he has to tuck it and run or try for a play through the air. He dosen't turn the ball over much either, which is always huge. He has good zip on his passes. Hes not rocket armed, but certainly has a strong enough arm. Not only is he a electric runner, hes also a tough runner , who uses his size well while running. I love em. Sure, hes got question marks. But if i'm a GM, hes a guy I would put my career on. If not Mariota, then who? I'd of taken him over RG3 to be honest. Not Andrew Luck though..