+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Confirmed Hard Ticket Replacement for Jets Season Tix...Giants next?

  1. #1
    Veteran BlueJayC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    1,329

    Confirmed Hard Ticket Replacement for Jets Season Tix...Giants next?


  2. #2
    Veteran BronxBomberBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Suffolk County
    Posts
    2,180
    I hope this plan falls flat on Woody Johnson's face. Just like his decision to sign Michael Vick!!



    The Drive for Super Bowl Championship #5!!!

  3. #3
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    1,684
    "Through activities as simple as attending home games, watching or listening to away games on TV or radio, and participating in non-game Jets events, season ticket holders will earn points which can be redeemed for prizes. Rewards will include unique benefits that only the New York Jets could offer such as behind-the-scenes access and VIP treatment in addition to a wide range of merchandise.
    All season ticket holders will be automatically enrolled in the program at no cost and will be able to manage their accounts through a Jets Rewards Online Portal, which will launch this summer. This will also be where fans will exchange their points for prizes.
    I don't see the Giants ever trying nonsense like this.

  4. #4
    Veteran BronxBomberBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Suffolk County
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    I don't see the Giants ever trying nonsense like this.

    I'm not so sure of that. I hear the Washington Nationals' season ticket holders actually like this new format.
    But I hope you're right though!!



    The Drive for Super Bowl Championship #5!!!

  5. #5
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    I don't see the Giants ever trying nonsense like this.

    Probably the same thing was said when all this PSL nonsense was starting to happen around the league.

  6. #6
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    1,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Vangellis View Post
    Probably the same thing was said when all this PSL nonsense was starting to happen around the league.
    It's apples and oranges. PSLs puts millions in the owners pockets. 'Reward Programs" is a gimmick to get more people to buy Jets season tickets, which is not an issue for the NYG.

  7. #7
    Veteran BronxBomberBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Suffolk County
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    It's apples and oranges. PSLs puts millions in the owners pockets. 'Reward Programs" is a gimmick to get more people to buy Jets season tickets, which is not an issue for the NYG.


    You could still have a rewards program, and still have "hard traditional tickets" no?



    The Drive for Super Bowl Championship #5!!!

  8. #8
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    1,684
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    You could still have a rewards program, and still have "hard traditional tickets" no?
    Most likely. .....Getting rid of hard ticket might help the Jets keep their tickets off the secondary market. Unlike Giants tickets which usually cost more than face value on the secondary market, you can usually buy Jets tickets well below face value.

  9. #9
    Veteran BronxBomberBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Suffolk County
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    Most likely. .....Getting rid of hard ticket might help the Jets keep their tickets off the secondary market. Unlike Giants tickets which usually cost more than face value on the secondary market, you can usually buy Jets tickets well below face value.


    Have you seen the secondary market on PSL's for both teams??
    If Giants' PSL's were selling as cheap as Jets' PSL's, I'd jump on a pair for an upgrade!



    The Drive for Super Bowl Championship #5!!!

  10. #10
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    1,684
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    Have you seen the secondary market on PSL's for both teams??
    If Giants' PSL's were selling as cheap as Jets' PSL's, I'd jump on a pair for an upgrade!
    Yup...The Jets are selling $50 season tickets without a PSL, and even those seats aren't sold out.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts