Nailed it

All we can realistically predict:

The previous division winner will not repeat
    The Cowboys will play for the division in week 17 and lose

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    All we can realistically predict:

The previous division winner will not repeat
    The Cowboys will play for the division in week 17 and lose
    This was my thinking, too. But then I sat down, looked at schedules, tried to assess where teams would be week by week, and just don't think the boys will be in it come week 17.

I can see most of our teams beating teams we'd expect, but I think AZ And SF when faced with an east coast playoff caliber team on the road... They'll lose. You guys are the only playoff gauntlet ready team, IMO because of commitment to the defense. Therefore, I think you guys naturally have two more wins than the rest of us. You guys improved on an underrated defense while everyone else remained stagnant in the div. And I say underrated defense because I feel the most important defensive ranking is defensive passer rating. In the last 10 years or so only 3 SB winners weren't top 5 material in that category during the reg season, but all 3 teams really amped it up in the playoffs. Not surprisingly, the giants were 2 of those 3 teams (btw the 07 and 11 squads defied a lot of different trends for Super Bowl winners). You guys ranked 7th overall last year, and have made big improvements to help in that category as well, at least on paper.

Everyone else has a questionable defenses.

I think the redskins will be he 2nd best team, but the schedule doesn't break for them well, and Dallas wins 2nd place in tie breakers. Philly is overrated IMO. Foles took the most time to throw of any QB IIRC last year, and I don't think his line affords him as much time time this year with their 2 best lineman at age 32. And without Djax stretching the field, I think the box is stacked to slow McCoy and blitzes will be more common to knock Foles off rhythm and back into mediocrity. They got lucky with the schedule/injuries last year and no way they are as fortunate this season. Despite the flash, This team was one Kyle Orton drive away from not being in the playoffs last year.

Banned
    wow, the serious loss of reality thinking exists heavily in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    wow, the serious loss of reality thinking exists heavily in this thread
    Of course the thread sucks for a tony romo brown noser like you. The giants are going to handle Dallas like I handled that flight instructor on my motorcycle.

I feel the need......THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!!

1st off, i know nothing of mcadoo. dont know if he will fix or fubar the situation (27 picks is just DISGUSTING thanks to no running game and prehistoric patterns. still, 7 wins with that many ints and no rb threat is impressive). that said, our SOS (strength of sched) is pretty soft, ranked 26. Phi got it a little tougher at 20 while Dal and Wash are 18 and 17.

wins - ari, hou, wash 2x, @jax, @ten, @st l, we split with dal & phi. thats 9. we MUST win these games. since going 16-0 is unreasonable, we are going to lose some games, these CANNOT be those games. and I don't just want to win these games. id like for us to crush these teams. i want eli to set some records and possibly get an mvp.

losses - @sea, ind, we split with dal and phi. we MUST split with dal and phi (sweeping them would be great but its doubtful). that 4. not saying we cant beat sea and/or indy, just saying I wouldn't mind us losing to them and getting revenge in the post season. if we end up 9-4 after playing these teams, were in good shape.

toss ups - sf, @det, atl. MUST win one of these to get to 10. id rather play sf in sf. if we lose these games, we will have to make it up by sweeping dal or phi. this would mean sweeping or div (good luck with that).

I see dal and phi going 9-6 or 8-8 and wash going 6-10. their last 3 games are in the div. dal last 3 of 4 games are rough too (@chi, @phi, ind). phi has it kinda hard at the end (@dal, sea, dal, close out @us).

this said, I can see us going 10-6 or 12-4 IF we have a running game (can it get any worse ? brown had 492 yds and 3 tds....homer simpson level stats !!!!). if not, heres to another 8-8/7-9 season. only 1 team is making it to the post season from our div and it had better be us.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE MAVERICK View Post
    Of course the thread sucks for a tony romo brown noser like you. The giants are going to handle Dallas like I handled that flight instructor on my motorcycle.
    just like last yr right? beginning with the opening pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Everybody 8-8.. Giants win the division on tie breakers..
    that would be awesomely hysterical. no way wash wins 8 games. their last 6 games are rough with the only easy game being tb.
    foles might be the real deal or a one hit wonder. maybe he gets injured and, snicker, sanchize has to save the day, snicker. if hes for real, it could mean trouble.
    dal will always be dal. they will find a way of failing.
    we went 7-9 while dishing out FOURTY turnovers (MINUS SIXTEEN g/t away, -6 sacks....smh). I see us not being THAT bad again.

dal had a -3 g/t and -1 sacks
    phi had a +5 g/t and -9 sacks
    wash had a -5 g/t and -7 sacks

us and dal had the 25 and 24 toughest sched last year, phi didn't have it much tougher at 20. we get another easy time (HOPEFULLY) this year while dal and phi got a little harder (HOPEFULLY). wash will not have a 5 win increase this year.

in the end, 8-8, 6-10...whatever it takes to get in is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    just like last yr right? beginning with the opening pass?
    were you alive the last time the boys beat us in the post season ?
    Last edited by theproudlunatic; 07-12-2014 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PETE MAVERICK View Post
    romo is a stat grabber. tons of talent around him with nothing to show for it.

+ Reply to Thread