+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    does this look alright , is the video annoying in the background . Dont pay attention to the speed

Chuckie Keeton QB Utah St.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was ranked higher than Hundley and Mariota by the end of the season

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Chuckie Keeton QB Utah St.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was ranked higher than Hundley and Mariota by the end of the season
    He is coming off an ACL injury , fun player to watch , to bad he got hurt last year. He is still on the small side need to see him recover before projection can come into play. The thing that Mariota and Hundley have is their prototypical size but their are plenty of things wrong with their games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He is coming off an ACL injury , fun player to watch , to bad he got hurt last year. He is still on the small side need to see him recover before projection can come into play. The thing that Mariota and Hundley have is their prototypical size but their are plenty of things wrong with their games as well.
    Plenty wrong with Mariota? Dude would of been top 5 pick this past yr and is almost a shoe in for 1st pick overall next yr. I get you don't like his mechanics and I get his accuracy slid a bit last yr, but if nothing else, this kids a better throwing Colin Kapernick(who you know I loved).. If I was in the FO for a crap team, i'd do whatever it took to make sure we landed him..

Yeah I watched a few games and he was really good when I was watching him. He has the ability to run but doesn't try to too much. He is solid in the read option game. He doesn't have blazing speed but more than enough to get a good chunk of yards if he needs to tuck it and run. Solid throwing the ball too when I watched him. He seemed really accurate whether it was on the run or in the pocket. I didn't know he hurt his ACL... I did notice he was a bit undersized but I think a lot more people will hear about him this season. I think he will put up some really nice numbers

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Plenty wrong with Mariota? Dude would of been top 5 pick this past yr and is almost a shoe in for 1st pick overall next yr. I get you don't like his mechanics and I get his accuracy slid a bit last yr, but if nothing else, this kids a better throwing Colin Kapernick(who you know I loved).. If I was in the FO for a crap team, i'd do whatever it took to make sure we landed him..
    The offense he comes from doesnt feature small window throws makes it hard to judge his accuracy properly, physically speaking he is absolutely a top 10 pick

The offense he comes from doesnt feature small window throws makes it hard to judge his accuracy properly, physically speaking he is absolutely a top 10 pick
    This is a tough 1 for me. Typically, my opinion of QBs taken from 1 read college systems has always been very low. Normally, I would argue that the system is very good at hiding some of the most important attributes of an NFL QB(see Tim Tebow). Things like: accuracy, decision making, ability to be past 1st and run 2nd, and most importantly, the ability to read a defense both pre snap and in particular post.

However,

Mariota is the 1 guy I have seen from this type system than has truly impressed me. He makes good decisions. He throws it where his guy will catch it, or nobody will catch it. He looks to past 1st, despite being a very good runner. His offense may not demand amazing accuracy, but I still see it from him more then most top prospects. The big question will be his ability to read NFL defenses since he isn't asked to do it much now. But, as we have seen in recent years, NFL GMs have been more then willing to take chances on guys from this type of system. As far as I am concerned, Mariota is a FAR better prospect than Manziel was this year. In fact, I would also argue he is as good a prospect, if not better, than Cam Newton was in 2011. I think he compares favorably to RG3 too as far as prospects from those type systems go.

But its still early to really know I guess. Matt Barkley would have been the easily top 5 had he come out after his junior year, maybe even #1 overall. After his senior year, he was a 4th rounder.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 06-26-2014 at 12:55 AM.

Darius Hamilton Keith Hamiltons son

I can't wait to see how Quarles progresses at DT. I am very surprised no team picked him up via the draft. Reese may have "stolen" one. I expect he will stay under the radar for just a little while longer, then when his tremendous ability starts to be revealed, the media will be all over him.

Go Big Blue!!!

What do u guys think of this as templates for video scouting reports for the home page banner