+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Romo is no Peyton. Lets just kill that noise right away. Also "reality" is the Giants have 2 SB's in the last 7 seasons. Keep banking on Romo to lead you to the promise land year after year....surgery after surgery...birthdays after birthdays.

Thanks, but I like NY's reality a wee bit better than anything that Jerrah has produced to crash down on the Giants, lol.
    that's quite alright for you to be optimistic till the season starts...but lets face it, if Dallas had any kind of defense last yr or the yr before, Dallas easily wins division...personally I believe they get over that 8-8 crap that's been plaguing them because of the defense. most rival fans want to say, oh but d-ware is gone, hatcher is gone and sean lee is gone.....sure it sucks lee is gone but ware n hatcher has been part of a seriously declining defense for yrs now; as well as lee....I am very excited n anxious to see the new d-line in Dallas. that injury bug went ridiculously crazy last yr in Dallas. oh and the fact marinelli is the d-coor now says volumes to improvement on that defense

all you guys can do is talk. mock Romo all you want but that eli is progressively getting worse n worse every yr. as long as he is the qb, that team aint going no where...you can live by the "oh eli has two rings" but history isn't going to help u this yr...sorry Charlie but that's just the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    that's quite alright for you to be optimistic till the season starts...but lets face it, if Dallas had any kind of defense last yr or the yr before, Dallas easily wins division...personally I believe they get over that 8-8 crap that's been plaguing them because of the defense. most rival fans want to say, oh but d-ware is gone, hatcher is gone and sean lee is gone.....sure it sucks lee is gone but ware n hatcher has been part of a seriously declining defense for yrs now; as well as lee....I am very excited n anxious to see the new d-line in Dallas. that injury bug went ridiculously crazy last yr in Dallas. oh and the fact marinelli is the d-coor now says volumes to improvement on that defense

all you guys can do is talk. mock Romo all you want but that eli is progressively getting worse n worse every yr. as long as he is the qb, that team aint going no where...you can live by the "oh eli has two rings" but history isn't going to help u this yr...sorry Charlie but that's just the way it is
    The same way you're optimistic over Marinelli (BTW, huge mistake making Rob Ryan walk ... another grand move by Mr. Jones) the Giants can be optimistic over Ben McAdoo as the new O-Co.

Seriously, the Cowboys won by 5 points last year while the Giants turned the ball over 6 times. ...dood... 6 TIMES and only a 5 point win in Arlington?? The Giants having a new offensive scheme is not going to afford the Cowboys that many opportunities to beat them. I mean, the Cowboys didn't beat anyone good last year anyway. The Rams, Redskins (2x), Eagles (1x), Raiders, Vikings and the Giants (2x). Those were your 8 wins. Now you're thinking Marinelli is going to save you while your roster has significantly gotten worse since then?

Please Charlie ... Do tell.

Banned
    The same way you're optimistic over Marinelli (BTW, huge mistake making Rob Ryan walk ... another grand move by Mr. Jones) the Giants can be optimistic over Ben McAdoo as the new O-Co.

Seriously, the Cowboys won by 5 points last year while the Giants turned the ball over 6 times. ...dood... 6 TIMES and only a 5 point win in Arlington?? The Giants having a new offensive scheme is not going to afford the Cowboys that many opportunities to beat them. I mean, the Cowboys didn't beat anyone good last year anyway. The Rams, Redskins (2x), Eagles (1x), Raiders, Vikings and the Giants (2x). Those were your 8 wins. Now you're thinking Marinelli is going to save you while your roster has significantly gotten worse since then?

Please Charlie ... Do tell.
    I am curious, just how did this roster get worse? please explain..........

I am curious, just how did this roster get worse? please explain..........
    Sean Lee, DeMarcus Ware, Jason Hatcher, Romo (back surgery = question mark) DeMarcus Lawrence (rookie) will be your best pass rusher.

This same Rod Marinelli that was 10-38 as a head coach and his last season as one he led the Lions to 0-16. Defense may be easier for him to handle but let's not act like that dude is a savior.

Banned
    Sean Lee, DeMarcus Ware, Jason Hatcher, Romo (back surgery = question mark) DeMarcus Lawrence (rookie) will be your best pass rusher.
    as I explained those players have been part of a bad defense for a few yrs now...personally I think Tyrone Crawford is going to be the big difference on that line if he can stay healthy, which I have a funny feeling he will this yr. the other thing is the scheme the defense played last yr which was really pathetic thanks to kiffen...rob ryan's dismissal was absolutely needed; but NOT to be replaced with that outdated kiffen. don't be sold on rob ryan in new Orleans last yr, he really sucks. out of all his yrs as a defensive coach, he had ONE decent season which was last yr... not trying to sound to bold, but Dallas' offense is stacked..they are gonna put up a lot of points

the denial factor in here is great on your part. that's expected tho from rival fans..you guys can talk now since the season hasn't started yet. but man, that giants team has NO improvement stamped anywhere. again, as long as eli starts, that offense is going to get worse n worse. talk bad about Dallas' defense last yr but the giants defense has been in a shambles as well.....whats the improvement there coming into this yr?

Banned
    This same Rod Marinelli that was 10-38 as a head coach and his last season as one he led the Lions to 0-16. Defense may be easier for him to handle but let's not act like that dude is a savior.
    as a head coach, no...as defensive coord...yup

Rod Marinelli is an excellent defensive coach, but just won't have good personnel to work with on the Dallas D.

Rob Ryan is one of the most overrated coaches ever.

the denial factor in here is great on your part. that's expected tho from rival fans..you guys can talk now since the season hasn't started yet. but man, that giants team has NO improvement stamped anywhere. again, as long as eli starts, that offense is going to get worse n worse. talk bad about Dallas' defense last yr but the giants defense has been in a shambles as well.....whats the improvement there coming into this yr?
    Denial....lol

It's okay to defend and support your team. I don't mind friendly ribbing with other rival teams, but using this "I'm in denial" for not hyping the Cowboys is laughable. 8-8 is 8-8. And yes the Giants have issues (LB, TE, and questions at RB) but they did get stronger in the offseason. DRC (top 10 corner last year), Walter Thurmond (top 3 nickel corner), Geoff Schwartz, John Jerry, JD Walton and Weston Richburg on the O-line. Saying they didn't improve anywhere is an ignorant statement with the signings the Giants have made this offseason. The Cowboys on the other hand had NO offseason other than Henry Melton. OH sorry, I almost forgot the almighty ROLANDO MCCLAIN. Aka, the answer to all your problems at LB.

Yeah that signing wasn't an act of desperation or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Rod Marinelli is an excellent defensive coach, but just won't have good personnel to work with on the Dallas D.
    Yes I agree and I've been mentioning the personnel. Marinelli is a good D-Co but let's not pretend he's D!ck Lebeau like he's making it seem.