+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Honestly, it's just like watching the Giants. Can come up with something epic one moment and then derp away the next...
    I agree!

Jamie - 30 hero's under 30

Age 25
    Air New York Air National Guard
    Jamie is an inspiration to those battling both physical and emotional challenges. She is proactive in her own recovery and continues to be active in the military. Jamie is an amazing citizen of Central New York and also a member of the 174th Attack Wing at Han**** Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Honestly, it's just like watching the Giants. Can come up with something epic one moment and then derp away the next...
    or how about this analogy... USA almost beat the No. 4 ranked Portugal team. Perhaps this will instill the belief that they can play with top tier teams in the entire tournament and can make a serious run for the Cup like the 2007/2011 Giants.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 06-22-2014 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    lol we're not beating Germany.
    Oh wait, folks. Time to break out the champagne bottles. It's official, the US will beat Germany and take the group. Thanks Rudyy!

Quote Originally Posted by krankeybluechick View Post
    I have been watching soccer for over 20 yrs and my son played college soccer. The US team always drives me crazy!! Saw that goal coming after Bradley lost the ball in the middle of the field. I can't wait till the real "football" starts this fall!!
    They were so good when they were on the attack. Should of scored 5/6 goals on the rookie goaltender. As soon as they got that 2-1 lead they went on the defensive and played on their heels and let them dictate play. I knew that was a bad decision and it backfires in almost every sport. Hockey, football with the prevent and basketball trying to kill clock. Always goes bad..
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

What made me mad was the 5 minutes of stoppage time they put back on the clock. No way it should of been that much. I mean in first half with all the injuries and the water break they only put back on 2 minutes. That water break seemed like two minutes by itself.

No way they could of been 5 min. It kills me that we were 4/5 seconds from eliminating them and advancing and getting Thursday to use as a practice and let key guys heal from their injuries. Now it's all or nothing unless the other two tie
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

30 seconds of keep away and Michael Bradley gives the ball away...then Ronaldo who was THREATENING the entire second half smacks that nice pass and bang.

2-2 draw and 4 points.

the Germany game is a must win now.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

All-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    30 seconds of keep away and Michael Bradley gives the ball away...then Ronaldo who was THREATENING the entire second half smacks that nice pass and bang.

2-2 draw and 4 points.

the Germany game is a must win now.
    No it isnt. They can always tie and advance, but there still is the option of losing (not getting blown out) and still advancing as well. This tie wasnt as bad as it feels because of how close they were to winning. The US are still in good shape though.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    No it isnt. They can always tie and advance, but there still is the option of losing (not getting blown out) and still advancing as well. This tie wasnt as bad as it feels because of how close they were to winning. The US are still in good shape though.
    The way that game ended was so embarrassing.
    It would have been so much worse, but man we were beating our chests that last minute. Running half speed, not giving a ****.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    We did so far what I thought we needed to do to advance before the tournament. The problem is I thought Germany was going to beat Ghana eliminating them and making this game next to meaningless for Germany. The Ghana tie was a killer had Germany won we would basically be through already because of the goal diff