+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    I don't think they'll go through. They should have beat a weak and wounded Portugal team. Now the play Germany who's no joke AND a Ghana team right on their heels. Doesn't look good.
    Actually the us is in great shape to advance, even with a loss. They just can't afford to get blown out.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    it remained me of when a hockey team is down a goal and has on the extra attacker & you see a barrage of shots on goal in a flurry to tie the game. USA put itself in that position by decided to go on defense and protect the lead
    Here's another analogy. Playing complete defense to protect a 1 goal lead in soccer is like playing prevent defense at the end of an NFL game. There already have been a handful of comeback wins in this tournament. Mexico got their goal and kept pouring it on Croatia, easily winning the game and advancing. David Diehl is probably on suicide watch now. lol

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Actually the us is in great shape to advance, even with a loss. They just can't afford to get blown out.
    Wouldn't call playing Germany "great shape". Germany is looking to win that game and Ghana is playing injury plagued team on an extra day of rest. Don't let the hype fool you, this isn't great shape at all. That last min header could have sealed their fate.

I'm just going to leave this here...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Hoping for an Italy win today

****ing Suarez should have been kicked out of the game!!! Italy is the other team I was rooting for and this ****ing bum gets a away w be again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    ****ing Suarez should have been kicked out of the game!!! Italy is the other team I was rooting for and this ****ing bum gets a away w be again!!!
    Yeah that is just so uncalled for.

Wow, and this is his third time doing it! Suspend him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Here's another analogy. Playing complete defense to protect a 1 goal lead in soccer is like playing prevent defense at the end of an NFL game. There already have been a handful of comeback wins in this tournament. Mexico got their goal and kept pouring it on Croatia, easily winning the game and advancing. David Diehl is probably on suicide watch now. lol
    Yes I made mention of the NFL prevent defense earlier in this thread. It only prevents winning. Same as using a slow down tactic in basketball trying to use the whole shot clock to run time down. Usually results in turnovers and the other team getting back in the game. Also mentioned how the rangers played different with the two goal leads against the kings trying to kill clock and keep dumping the puck all the way down the ice instead of being aggressive and trying to get more goals. USA fell prey to this same fate. In this case all they had to do was play kept away for just a little while and they would of won
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

One bites a player and it's OK. Funny and scary how that was not seen

+ Reply to Thread