+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Bench Player

Metlife Tailgate

Hello,

I'm visiting New York in November and have purchased tickets to see the big blue for the first time on the 3rd November.

How does the tailgate work? I've been to the international game tailgate in London, but this is run and set up by Wembly Stadium and NFL.

Am I able to come along and just go into the tailgate area to experience this? Or do I need a parking space? My husband also supports the colts, would there be any concerns with us being together wearing different jerseys?

These may seem silly questions but in UK football you could never go to a game wearing different shirts!

Thank you for any advice or information that you can give me.

Many thanks,
    Kate

I'm not sure if Metlife has an "organized" tailgate party. If they do, you may have to purchase separate tickets to it, or at least receive access passes for it.

As far as the parking lots, where the majority of tailgating is done by the fans. You can either walk around in the parking lots, after parking outside of the Metlife parking lot area, or park your car in one of the parking lots and be among the many tailgating fans. You'll need a parking pass to park inside the various lots. If you don't have one, parking passes can be purchased on Stubhub.com, or other online ticket venders.

I hope this info helps.. Enjoy the game!

The Drive for Super Bowl Championship #5!!!

get a 30 pack and park next to a sausage truck.. That's what I do

Purchase a parking pass online. You CANT tailgate at any of the satellite lots that are around the stadium. The only spot where you would be able to tailgate is the area around the stadium in the parking lots which you would need a parking pass for.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Quote Originally Posted by K8W View Post
    My husband also supports the colts, would there be any concerns with us being together wearing different jerseys?
    Of course there's always the possibility of the bad apple, but for the most part this won't be a problem. At most some good-natured ribbing. It's not like he'll be wearing an Eagles jersey!

Bench Player
    Thank you all!

I know we have weeks until the season starts and the game is on but I'm already very excited.

If you see someone lost and bewildered it's probably going to be me!

Last question sorry, if I don't manage to get a parking pass, can I still walk round the tailgate that the fans put on?

Thanks again,
    Kate

Thank you all!

I know we have weeks until the season starts and the game is on but I'm already very excited.

Last question sorry, if I don't manage to get a parking pass, can I still walk round the tailgate that the fans put on?

Thanks again,
    Kate
    Yes, once you get into the stadium parking lot - wheter it be via bus, train, shuttle, chopper, whatever - you can freely walk around the multitude of tailgate's going on. If you just want to roam around, carry some beer and you'll be welcome anywhere.

If you want a more "formal" tailgate experience where you pay up front for food and drink, there's a couple of companies that run that sort of thing. Here's one I found:

http://gametimecatering.com/tailgate.php

Enjoy!

Thanks again,
    Kate
    Certainly!

Walk around and mingle.

Most Giants fans are always welcoming.. Enjoy it. The experience is one of a kind.

Anymore questions don't be shy..

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Thank you all!

Thanks again,
    Kate

Yes, Kate, you'll have no problems at all walking around amongst us Giants fans. After all, you're going to a New York Giants home game at Metlife. Not a New York Jets home game at Metlife.

The Drive for Super Bowl Championship #5!!!

Bench Player
    Great thanks again!

I already knew big blue fans were the best, but you have shown me that they are also the most welcoming .

Roll on November 3rd!
    Kate