+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ya gotta love those Texans- they know how to pick em LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Seriously, has any other team in the NFL been worse at drafting Qbs in the last 20 years? If the premise of this thread is that a team with a poor drafting history chose x player and therefor he will be a bad player. Doesn't that same premise work against Manziel?
    I dont even think the initial premise worked because Houston has drafted some damn good pass rushers Watt and Mario Williams are both premiere pass rushers in the league

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I thought from day 1 Clowney would be a bust

If for no other reason than the Taxans drafted him.......

Here they had a chance to draft Manziel, a Texas boy and look what they did
    mods why is this guy still allowed to post?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    It would be hard to live up to Clowneys hype which was 1 step around Lebron expecation . He is the most physically talented DE i have seen in a long time and he was the most schemed against player I have seen. Will that translate? we shall see its not a perfect science. The thing that has most troubled me about CLowney is all these nagging injuries that keep coming up.
    The thing that bothers me is his "lack of passion" for the game. Obviously that is just my opinion, but I can see it written all over his body language. Those "nagging injuries" are part of it. Once he gets paid, you will see the "true Clowney" emerge. Again, my opinion which is worth a rusty penny, but I just dont see any desire for him to be the best he could be. Sure, physically he could be a dominating player, but I just dont think he will put in the time of effort. As for his "schemed against" arguement, I just didnt ssee that either. I saw many games where he was one on one vs an OL and lose. Of course some teams did double and triple team him, which totally earased him.

If you could put JJ Watts mentality in Clowneys frame, that would be a beast. Only time will tell. Maybe JJ has advise for him and he listens... who knows.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 06-23-2014 at 10:17 AM.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    The thing that bothers me is his "lack of passion" for the game. Obviously that is just my opinion, but I can see it written all over his body language. Those "nagging injuries" are part of it. Once he gets paid, you will see the "true Clowney" emerge. Again, my opinion which is worth a rusty penny, but I just dont see any desire for him to be the best he could be. Sure, physically he could be a dominating player, but I just dont think he will put in the time of effort. As for his "schemed against" arguement, I just didnt ssee that either. I saw many games where he was one on one vs an OL and lose. Of course some teams did double and triple team him, which totally earased him.

If you could put JJ Watts mentality in Clowneys frame, that would be a beast. Only time will tell. Maybe JJ has advise for him and he listens... who knows.
    Yes his tape wasn't good last year but in 2012 he was he best Defensive player in college football by a very wide margin. You cant just throw away that like its meaningless.

Im not saying there arent pitfalls with him especially with these injuries. Injuries will derail a player very fast especially if there are some motivation issues that might be there.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 06-24-2014 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Yes his tape wasn't good last year but in 2012 he was he best Defensive player in college football by a very wide margin. You cant just throw away that like its meaningless.

Im not saying there arent pitfalls with him especially with these injuries. Injuries will derail a player very fast especially if there are some motivation issues that might be there.
    Im not throwning it away, Im just saying, to be the best, you have to do it year in and year out. How many college players have 1 great year only to be busts the rest of their careers? I didnt see anything from him last year that told me he should of been a first round pick besides his measureables, yet alone the #1 pick. Is he an athletic freak? Absolutely. But kinda reminds me of JPP, who really only has had 1 great year, and a bunch of injury riddled, non productive ones. Lets see how he can handle going against the best college linemen game in and game out in the NFL. Lets see if he keeps that motor running and doesnt "quit" like he did in 2013. I love watching dominating defensive players (unless its on the div rivals) so I hope he pans out, but my eyes and my gut tell me different.

And I do feel like "the hit" got him hyped up more than he should of been.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

+ Reply to Thread