+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Ya gotta love those Texans- they know how to pick em LOL

I thought from day 1 Clowney would be a bust

If for no other reason than the Taxans drafted him.......

Here they had a chance to draft Manziel, a Texas boy and look what they did

What about every other team that passed on him?

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I thought from day 1 Clowney would be a bust

If for no other reason than the Taxans drafted him.......

Here they had a chance to draft Manziel, a Texas boy and look what they did
    Why is Clowney a bust? Because he had surgery for a sports hernia?

And if Clowney's a bust for no other reason than the Texans drafting him then by that same 'logic' Manziel would be a bust if the Texans drafted him instead.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post

And if Clowney's a bust for no other reason than the Texans drafting him then by that same 'logic' Manziel would be a bust if the Texans drafted him instead.
    JJ Watt is a bust. Every QB Cleveland drafted is a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    JJ Watt is a bust. Every QB Cleveland drafted is a stud.
    Too bad Cleveland didn't draft Watt and convert him to QB. It would've been a win-win situation. Sadly, JJ Watt will continue to be a bust since he was drafted by Houston.

Personally, I was one of the rare ones around hear saying Clowney wont live up to the hype. A lot of well educated people on here keep demanding he is the best thing since sliced bread. I still have my doubts.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post

Wouldn't it be just as "Logical" to say Manziel will bust because the Browns picked him

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Personally, I was one of the rare ones around hear saying Clowney wont live up to the hype. A lot of well educated people on here keep demanding he is the best thing since sliced bread. I still have my doubts.
    It would be hard to live up to Clowneys hype which was 1 step around Lebron expecation . He is the most physically talented DE i have seen in a long time and he was the most schemed against player I have seen. Will that translate? we shall see its not a perfect science. The thing that has most troubled me about CLowney is all these nagging injuries that keep coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Wouldn't it be just as "Logical" to say Manziel will bust because the Browns picked him
    Yeah. And it would be just as 'logical' to say Clowney will be a bust just because the Browns drafted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Seriously, has any other team in the NFL been worse at drafting Qbs in the last 20 years? If the premise of this thread is that a team with a poor drafting history chose x player and therefor he will be a bad player. Doesn't that same premise work against Manziel?