+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 91

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,363

    Patent office cancels Redskins Trademark

    I know this topic has been discussed on these Boards. This report,just came out this morning. If it's already on here in another forum ( general? ) please delete this or combine it


    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...kins-trademark
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  2. #2
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,363
    Looks like now the rest of the NFL ( except Dallas ) could start losing money so now a lot more pressure will be applied to Snyder to change the teams name. It's going to get ugly. Looks like they can keep the name during an appeal process
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  3. #3
    Veteran kingcap88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    N.C. via N.J.
    Posts
    2,959
    This is probably the only way to get the NFL and Snyder to change the name, take money out of their pockets. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

    And leave it to Dallas to have their own deal. LOL
    One of these teams is not like the others


  4. #4
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,363
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    This is probably the only way to get the NFL and Snyder to change the name, take money out of their pockets. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

    And leave it to Dallas to have their own deal. LOL
    Yea I guess now people can sell stuff and not get in trouble or have to pay royalties to the NFL so then all the lose whatever percentage they were making off sales
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  5. #5
    Veteran kingcap88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    N.C. via N.J.
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Yea I guess now people can sell stuff and not get in trouble or have to pay royalties to the NFL so then all the lose whatever percentage they were making off sales
    People should start selling more bootleg Redskins merchandise, not that anyone would be able to tell the difference since the entire franchise is bootleg.
    One of these teams is not like the others


  6. #6
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,363
    So I guess if the name is in general it's okay? Like in the case of the Cleveland Indians in Baseball.. What about their logo?

    Or the Atlanta Braves and their logo and the whole Tomahawk Chop thing? I know that came under some scrutiny.

    KC Chiefs??

    I can see where the Redskins name and logo is offensive to native Americans.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  7. #7
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    30,216
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    So I guess if the name is in general it's okay? Like in the case of the Cleveland Indians in Baseball.. What about their logo?

    Or the Atlanta Braves and their logo and the whole Tomahawk Chop thing? I know that came under some scrutiny.

    KC Chiefs??

    I can see where the Redskins name and logo is offensive to native Americans.
    It's probably a ploy to get Snyder to change it.
    Because the actual Redskins don't own the name anymore, now anyone can make a profit off of it and not get in trouble. Snyder's wallets are going to take a hit.

    MUCH better.

  8. #8
    Veteran BronxBomberBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Suffolk County
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    So I guess if the name is in general it's okay? Like in the case of the Cleveland Indians in Baseball.. What about their logo?

    Or the Atlanta Braves and their logo and the whole Tomahawk Chop thing? I know that came under some scrutiny.

    KC Chiefs??

    I can see where the Redskins name and logo is offensive to native Americans.



    I think the Cleveland Indians "vintage cartoon Indian head" logo has got to go too.

    The Redskins and Chicago Blackhawks logo's (almost identical) look respectful, and not offensive, but I'm not a Native American..



    The Drive for Super Bowl Championship #5!!!

  9. #9
    Veteran BronxBomberBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Suffolk County
    Posts
    1,662
    Just change it already.

    The Washington Warriors would be a perfect name, because they would be able to keep the indian head logo with that name as well.



    The Drive for Super Bowl Championship #5!!!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    Just change it already.

    The Washington Warriors would be a perfect name, because they would be able to keep the indian head logo with that name as well.
    Yep, good choice... and it is a proud name, like Chiefs, and shouldn't be a prob...and no other NFL team is Warriors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts