+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by STAR View Post
    (Not sure how this got outside the quote regarding your P.S.) Welllll, right or wrong, don't duck it, be truthful? Crickets I'd think.

I'm not ducking anything. The Whiteskins nickname would be a RIDICULOUS nickname for a sports team.

If that name was ever used, the team's owner would be rightfully accused of being a "white supremacist", with a nickname like that!

So I guess you would see nothing wrong with an expansion team calling themselves, the "Yellowskins", with the logo of an Asian guy holding a samurai sword on the side of the football helmet? Or how about the "Brownskins"? You see nothing wrong with that nickname for a professional sports team either??
    O-B-J !!!

Hard to imagine any team name involving skin color not being racist- blueskins, orangeskins - ect.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    I'm not ducking anything. The Whiteskins nickname would be a RIDICULOUS nickname for a sports team.

If that name was ever used, the team's owner would be rightfully accused of being a "white supremacist", with a nickname like that!

So I guess you would see nothing wrong with an expansion team calling themselves, the "Yellowskins", with the logo of an Asian guy holding a samurai sword on the side of the football helmet? Or how about the "Brownskins"? You see nothing wrong with that nickname for a professional sports team either??
    People are just looking to argue.
    He knows that would be ridiculous.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckedafter5yards View Post
    Hard to imagine any team name involving skin color not being racist- blueskins, orangeskins - ect.
    chuck, I realize that these names won't pass many litmus test, especially in the modern "I've been offended" society we live in today. However I'm 100% behind Snyder here with the overreaching arm of

BBB, now do any of them offend me, not in the least, yet I certainly can see others having their eyes spinning inside their head like a slot machine over it, just not me.

Snyder didn't name the Skins, yet now he has to change it for the sake of a few people? He should do the responsible think and change it! Not sure I like that being thrust upon him or anyone. Also, the thought of an Indian never comes to mind when I here the name Washington Redskins, Well, up until a few weeks ago, just a non issue for me.

I'm finished on this thread, we'll just agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    People are just looking to argue.
    He knows that would be ridiculous.

I wish you were right, Rudyy..

Unfortunately, there are people out there who think Snyder is the victim, and couldn't care less about the Native Americans who are offended by the nickname, Redskins.
    O-B-J !!!

Native Americans have been surveyed AND DIDN'T find the name offensive. This is just typical politically correct BS, when real issues should be focused on. Whatever happened to "Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me?" The word "offended" should be removed from the dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by strahantuck1 View Post
    Native Americans have been surveyed AND DIDN'T find the name offensive. This is just typical politically correct BS, when real issues should be focused on. Whatever happened to "Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me?" The word "offended" should be removed from the dictionary.

Do you have the results? Was it 100% to 0%? If not then it offends some, no matter how small the percentage is, and that's more important than you being offended by "political correctiveness".
    O-B-J !!!

Quote Originally Posted by strahantuck1 View Post
    Well, that is just a flat out lie. Otherwise, we wouldnt be having this conversation. Did you just fall out of a cloud and pull that out your bum?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lindseyadler...by-racial-slur

A recent study by the California State University, San Bernadino reports 67% of Native Americans find the Washington Redskins name and imagery racist.

Odellious Beckinghammer the Twice, Go get yours soon.

This thing is going to get ugly
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Well, that is just a flat out lie. Otherwise, we wouldnt be having this conversation. Did you just fall out of a cloud and pull that out your bum?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lindseyadler...by-racial-slur

+1
    O-B-J !!!