+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    I doubt few people would disagree about Vick's athletic ability or his being a lowlife. Vick's speed definitely made him one of the most dangerous mobile QBs and he was the model for a lot of the young mobile QBs today. But the issue is that Vick said he was the one who started it all as far as mobile QBs go, which he wasn't. There were plenty of mobile QBs before him.

And I don't know if the Eagles would've gone further in the playoffs if they had Vick as the QB over Foles because the last time the Eagles made it to playoffs was with Vick as the QB they got bounced in the first round, too.
    I think Vick's making his comments in response to all the RG III hoopla which he should just ignore because RG III is nowhere near the athlete Vick is.

The reason I think they would've done better in the playoffs is because Foles looked lost out there. He really hurt his team in that very winnable playoff game against New Orleans Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by MagillasMango View Post
    I think Vick's making his comments in response to all the RG III hoopla which he should just ignore because RG III is nowhere near the athlete Vick is.

The reason I think they would've done better in the playoffs is because Foles looked lost out there. He really hurt his team in that very winnable playoff game against New Orleans Saints.
    Whatever Vick's reasons for his comments, he's trying to elevate his own legacy by ignoring the legacy of other players who came before him. And if he's doing it just because of RG3 then it makes Vick look even more jealous and petty.

And I agree that Foles looked a little lost in that game. For me, it seemed like he couldn't respond well to the pressure the Saints defense was putting on him. But if Vick was in that game there's no guarantee that they would've won, because Vick would've been running around and probably getting beat up by the Saints defense.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Whatever Vick's reasons for his comments, he's trying to elevate his own legacy by ignoring the legacy of other players who came before him. And if he's doing it just because of RG3 then it makes Vick look even more jealous and petty.

And I agree that Foles looked a little lost in that game. For me, it seemed like he couldn't respond well to the pressure the Saints defense was putting on him. But if Vick was in that game there's no guarantee that they would've won, because Vick would've been running around and probably getting beat up by the Saints defense.
    His comments are petty. Steve Young and Randall Cunningham were both running QBs with big arms that came before Mike Vick and he shouldn't overlook them.

I think Mike Vick would've ran all over New Orleans Saints defense. I can't stand Mike Vick, I think he's a lowlife but the guy brings a lot to the football field and unfortunately, he is going to be the starter for NY Jets and he is going to make Tham a better team.

His comments are petty. Steve Young and Randall Cunningham were both running QBs with big arms that came before Mike Vick and he shouldn't overlook them.

I think Mike Vick would've ran all over New Orleans Saints defense. I can't stand Mike Vick, I think he's a lowlife but the guy brings a lot to the football field and unfortunately, he is going to be the starter for NY Jets and he is going to make Tham a better team.
    I don't think Vick would've run all over the Saints defense for 2 reasons: 1) Vick's older and doesn't have the same speed he used to have and 2) teams have figured out how to keep Vick in check. I mean, the last time Vick was able to run roughshod over teams was back in 2010, and unfortunately the Giants were one of those teams. Since then, he hasn't been a true threat.

What he's really trying to do is stir up conversation about himself, in an attempt to distract from his "true legacy".. Being a serial dog torturer, and killer.

Nice try, Vick, but it didn't work with me!!!

The Drive for Super Bowl Championship #5!!!

I don't think Vick would've run all over the Saints defense for 2 reasons: 1) Vick's older and doesn't have the same speed he used to have and 2) teams have figured out how to keep Vick in check. I mean, the last time Vick was able to run roughshod over teams was back in 2010, and unfortunately the Giants were one of those teams. Since then, he hasn't been a true threat.
    Mike Vick is still the fastest QB in the league. The issue is that coaches try to curtail him and get him to run out of bounds and slide. He pulled his hamstring running out of b pounds against us and he would've been back after 3 weeks but Chip Kelly decided to go with Nick Foles and I think that was a mistake on his part because that Chip Kelly offense is tailored to Mike Vicks strengths and I think if he had been kept in there he would've had a big year. Rex is going to take the reigns off him and let him play ball. NY Jets have a decent offensive line and Mike Vick will have time to throw and at this point of his career, he has exhibited that he does have the discipline to know when to run and when to pass. I think the big issue and it's the one Rex will fix is that when Mike runs he will be allowed to run it out and not stop short out of bounds or slide. Unfortunately Rex Ryan now has the veteran QB he's been missing for some time now.

Will Rex Ryan get a tattoo of Mike Vick or Geno Smith to cover Tha Mark Sanchez one?

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    What he's really trying to do is stir up conversation about himself, in an attempt to distract from his "true legacy".. Being a serial dog torturer, and killer.

Nice try, Vick, but it didn't work with me!!!
    I'd like to think Vick is smart enough to know that he'll always carry the dog-killer label, especially when he tries to stir up conversations about himself. Then again, he wasn't smart enough to realize that he couldn't just ignore every mobile QB that came before him and call himself the pioneer without people calling him out on it. Either way, Vick's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Mike Vick is still the fastest QB in the league. The issue is that coaches try to curtail him and get him to run out of bounds and slide. He pulled his hamstring running out of b pounds against us and he would've been back after 3 weeks but Chip Kelly decided to go with Nick Foles and I think that was a mistake on his part because that Chip Kelly offense is tailored to Mike Vicks strengths and I think if he had been kept in there he would've had a big year. Rex is going to take the reigns off him and let him play ball. NY Jets have a decent offensive line and Mike Vick will have time to throw and at this point of his career, he has exhibited that he does have the discipline to know when to run and when to pass. I think the big issue and it's the one Rex will fix is that when Mike runs he will be allowed to run it out and not stop short out of bounds or slide. Unfortunately Rex Ryan now has the veteran QB he's been missing for some time now.

Will Rex Ryan get a tattoo of Mike Vick or Geno Smith to cover Tha Mark Sanchez one?
    Vick is 33 years old. Do you really think he's still faster than every other younger mobile QB in the league?

And I don't blame the Eagles for going with Foles over Vick because Vick is getting up there in age and he's still highly injury prone. Now, that's not to say Foles is the future of the Eagles, but he's a better option for the Eagles right now than Vick. And I look at the Jets signing Vick as another Tebow-like stunt for headlines, even though Vick is probably a better option than Geno Smith. And considering the Jets recent history of bungling QB situations I can see the Vick/Geno situation being another mess.

Vick is 33 years old. Do you really think he's still faster than every other younger mobile QB in the league?

And I don't blame the Eagles for going with Foles over Vick because Vick is getting up there in age and he's still highly injury prone. Now, that's not to say Foles is the future of the Eagles, but he's a better option for the Eagles right now than Vick. And I look at the Jets signing Vick as another Tebow-like stunt for headlines, even though Vick is probably a better option than Geno Smith. And considering the Jets recent history of bungling QB situations I can see the Vick/Geno situation being another mess.

I think he is still faster than all the other QBs. He has an open challenge to all of them for a race and none of them take him up on it. The only guy that took him up on the offer was Shady McCoy last year and Vick beat him.

I don't think NY Jets would sign a QB they intended to be a back up or a stunt for 5 million dollars. They're not even that stupid.

Word was that Chip Kelly was looking at Nick Foles from the jk to be the starter but Mike Vick left no ddoubt by the time pre season was done as to who the number 1 was. I am thinking that there isn't going to be a doubt in regard to Mike Vick being the starter for NY Jets.

I'd like to think Vick is smart enough to know that he'll always carry the dog-killer label, especially when he tries to stir up conversations about himself. Then again, he wasn't smart enough to realize that he couldn't just ignore every mobile QB that came before him and call himself the pioneer without people calling him out on it. Either way, Vick's not the sharpest tool in the shed.
    I don't think bright or smart are words ever associated with Mike Vick.