+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

David Wilson Expected To Be Cleared For Giants' Camp

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...or-giants-camp

Excerpt: "David Wilson expects to finally gain clearance from neck surgery by the time the New York Giants open training camp in late July.

The question is how the team will use him after signing Rashad Jennings and drafting Andre Williams in the fourth round.

Whereas he entered last season as the unquestioned lead back, Wilson is now ticketed for a change-of-pace role in Ben McAdoo's offense.

"We brought in Rashad Jennings and he's definitely a bell cow type of a running back," general manager Jerry Reese told WFAN-AM in New York on Monday. "David Wilson is an explosive player, but first and foremost we're concerned about his health.

"We do think all systems are go pretty much for him to be healthy and ready for contact during training camp. ... Unless he has a setback we expect to release him for full contact during the fall. Any time he touches the ball he can go the distance. In this West Coast Offense, we'll try to get the ball to him in different ways and obviously he'll help in the return game." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Last sentence in the article: "Even if he stays healthy for 16 games, Wilson is not a good bed to exceed his 157 career touches on offense." lol.... It's a typo, yes...

Veteran
    He was supposed to be cleared for OTA'S...I see PUP list in his future...

I think the Giants have tempered their expectations and now are just hoping he can be a utility player rather than a pure RB. It was a poor selection , lets salvage what we can

Anything we get from him will be an extra in my eyes.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by Striker1 View Post
    He was supposed to be cleared for OTA'S...I see PUP list in his future...
    When was he supposed to be cleared for OTAs? I don't recall any official projection for that timetable.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I think the Giants have tempered their expectations and now are just hoping he can be a utility player rather than a pure RB. It was a poor selection , lets salvage what we can
    i dont get that feeling at all.

i get the feeling jennings is going to be the andre brown in the a.brown/d.wilson duo. at least what was hoped for them. i see Jennings doing a lot of the brute work, and wilson getting the ball in a variety of ways including running between the tackles.

i could actually see a scenario, if wilsons healthy and it seems he will be, where WIlson is right up there in touches with Jennings (Jennins via rushing attempts, Wilson via a multitude of ways). I have been on the record with Wilson and I could very well be wrong, but I believe he actually does have the tools to be an everydown type RB and that he is the kind of RB the NFL is going to continue to transition to. A guy with the dynamic speed who couldbe used in space as well as out of the backfield. People keep saying JJ or Cruz or ODB will have the Cobb role in our offense. But i could see it being the case where WIlson is the guy we look to get the ball in a bunch of diff ways. remember, the offense seems to be built upon quickness. WIlson has that in spades.

Wilson plays a position where he will know very soon if hes completely healthy.

i hope he is cause he could be a major weapon on this offense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Anything we get from him will be an extra in my eyes.

LOL the eternal Wilson hoopla

Its really really getting to the point of the absurd

Lets see he did really good in college.......we spent a #1 on him

ergo.....he must be good

Have you seen how good he looks when you give him a hole the size of a city bus????

Question

Even if he can play, will they let him go full throttle ?? That is the key question here. What is the impending risk to his health and additional injuries ?
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!