+ Reply to Thread

Blog Bits: Cornerbacks Coach Peter Giunta

http://insidefootball.com/2014/07/11...eter-giunta-2/

Excerpt: "We conclude our week of hearing from the assistant coaches with a few thoughts from cornerbacks coach Peter Giunta.

Q: You have some new veteran faces (Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Walter Thurmond and Zack Bowman) in your room this year…
    A: Yeah, we’ve got a great group.

Q: Tell me what you’ve seen so far from them and what you like about them.
    A: I like the work ethic that they have brought; they really want to learn the system to where they feel comfortable with themselves and with each other as teammates and as players to communicate on the back-end. It’s kind of interesting; you have two guys who were on opposite ends in the Super Bowl. That’s kind of wild to have them on the roster; there’s been some good ribbing about that and the way the game went.

Q: But that talent…
    A: Yeah, as I said, it’s a great group and they want to be successful. Two of the guys (Rodgers-Cromartie and Thurmond) obviously tasted success by being in the Super Bowl last year, so they really want to have that feeling again this year.

And then Zack Bowman, coming from Chicago—he played great defense the whole time there, so he’s been a really good addition to our program, really knows how to play defense." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Believe it or not, I have been waiting on Giunta's perspective. I just find his assessments to be real. He likes the secondary and he thinks Prince will ball this year. He will get a lot of chances because of the other guys. Good stuff!

this secondary looks scary if your the opponent. i feel really good about these guys.