+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Because he doesn't think like an intelligent person.

I see a lot of people here feel that way about him.
    O-B-J !!!

Is there any other sport, besides soccer, where you can't use your hands? That's the part that I don't get - how do you create a sport for humans that does not allow them to use their most achieved body part? I mean, it's a fine sport for elephants or donkeys that don't have hands...

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Because he doesn't think like an intelligent person.
    Of course he does - he knows exactly how to get under people's skin.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie ray View Post
    Is there any other sport, besides soccer, where you can't use your hands? That's the part that I don't get - how do you create a sport for humans that does not allow them to use their most achieved body part? I mean, it's a fine sport for elephants or donkeys that don't have hands...
    Makes as much sense as calling a sport where you can use your hands but not your feet "football", huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Makes as much sense as calling a sport where you can use your hands but not your feet "football", huh?
    Pretty much what my wife keeps saying, although there are the kickoffs, punting, and field goals. I don't know what other term could be used, really - since there are so many facets to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie ray View Post
    Pretty much what my wife keeps saying, although there are the kickoffs, punting, and field goals. I don't know what other term could be used, really - since there are so many facets to the game?
    The word just seems to get dumped on every country's dominant ball sport, I really don't think there's much science behind it. Soccer/Association Football also has elements of actual ball-handling...

"Touchdown" is another odd one as the ball doesn't actually need to be touched down.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The word just seems to get dumped on every country's dominant ball sport, I really don't think there's much science behind it. Soccer/Association Football also has elements of actual ball-handling...

"Touchdown" is another odd one as the ball doesn't actually need to be touched down.
    When the touchdown was introduced into American football in 1876, it did not award a score; instead, it only allowed the offense the chance to kick for goal by placekick from a spot along a line perpendicular to the goal line and passing through the point where the ball was touched down, or through a process known as a "punt-out", where the attacking team would kick the ball from the point where it was touched down to a teammate. If the teammate could fair catch the ball, he could follow with a try for goal from the spot of the catch, or resume play as normal (in an attempt to touchdown the ball in a spot more advantageous for kicking).
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...0102340AAFgdmD
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

When the touchdown was introduced into American football in 1876, it did not award a score; instead, it only allowed the offense the chance to kick for goal by placekick from a spot along a line perpendicular to the goal line and passing through the point where the ball was touched down, or through a process known as a "punt-out", where the attacking team would kick the ball from the point where it was touched down to a teammate. If the teammate could fair catch the ball, he could follow with a try for goal from the spot of the catch, or resume play as normal (in an attempt to touchdown the ball in a spot more advantageous for kicking).
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...0102340AAFgdmD

That's unbelievable! So if Victor Cruz went back in time, he would have wait until the field goal was kicked, to see points on the board - and then do his salsa dance?
    For some reason, I rarely hear anyone talk about the early days of Football, like we do baseball. Although there must have been threads on here about it?