+ Reply to Thread

Tracey Morgan in critical condition

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/07/showbi...zed/index.html

Best wishes to all involved in that accident.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Watching that footage it's amazing that only one person was killed in a six vehicle accident, one being a tractor trailer.

I hope Tracy and the rest of the people injured get well soon. Just goes to show how life can turn on a dime.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Veteran
    It is a sad story. They said the one who caused the accident was speeding, 65 mph in a 45 mph zone. I see this type of speeding all the time on route 22 and the Garden State Parkway. It's scary when they approach you from behind going an insane speed, then at the last moment switch lanes. There is a crackdown in NY on speeders using special cars with speed cameras, and I wish we would use those here in NJ too.

I feel bad for him and his family, and all of the other people injured in the accident.
    Pluck 'Em Eagles Featherless!

Quote Originally Posted by jintsrule View Post
    It is a sad story. They said the one who caused the accident was speeding, 65 mph in a 45 mph zone. I see this type of speeding all the time on route 22 and the Garden State Parkway. It's scary when they approach you from behind going an insane speed, then at the last moment switch lanes. There is a crackdown in NY on speeders using special cars with speed cameras, and I wish we would use those here in NJ too.

I feel bad for him and his family, and all of the other people injured in the accident.
    It's even worse out here in CA on the 60 and 91 freeways, which are two of the worst stat wise for accidents in the country. I've seen big rigs over here try to actually get into the fast lane, going almost 80 in a 65. It's so bad that I now take side streets to work whenever I can. Yes, it is a pretty sad story everytime you have these huge pile ups. I am shocked that only 1 person passed away in this accident based on how it looked.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Veteran
    The good news (for me) is that right after I wrote this, I saw increased police presence on 22 in my area. It's a 45 mph road, and I see plenty of people who look like they are going 70. There was an accident yesterday on route 3, where a car was speeding so fast, it broke into several pieces after hitting a pole, one piece in a tree. Scary.
    Pluck 'Em Eagles Featherless!

Quote Originally Posted by jintsrule View Post

It wouldn't be such a problem if people would obey the law in NJ and keep right except to pass.
    Engage brain before speaking.