+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Author ranks MetLife Stadium one of the worst in the NFL.

MetLife Stadium's ranking in Sean MacDonald's "Ultimate Football Road Trip." The author recently placed MetLife 27th among NFL venues, signifying East Rutherford's football home as one of the worst stadiums in the sport.

I couldn't agree more. I'm glad the place is being called out for what it is.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2...e_stadium.html

Not too surprised.

I usually never go to pre-season games, but went to the Steeler game Saturday night because it was such a beautiful night outside. The stadium was less than 1/2 full but it still took me 30 minutes to get into the parking lot because they funnel only 2 lanes of traffic into about 6 parking booths, and then back into 2 lanes of traffic once you go thru the booths. Then the 2 lanes turn into one lane forcing anyone with a Blue Parking pass to make a left turn at a stop sign.

Walking to the stadium, we passed no less than a dozen poor women returning to their cars with their pocketbooks because they are unaware that you are not allowed into the stadium with them.

Once inside the stadium, it still took 10 minutes to get to our seats upstairs even though it was a preseason game. At halftime, many of the food concessions were closed causing massive lines. The bathroom line like usual was still out into the corridor. The place s*cks.
    Last edited by darrin99; 08-12-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    I usually never go to pre-season games, but went to the Steeler game Saturday night because it was such a beautiful night outside. The stadium was less than 1/2 full but it still took me 30 minutes to get into the parking lot because they funnel only 2 lanes of traffic into about 6 parking booths, and then back into 2 lanes of traffic once you go thru the booths. Then the 2 lanes turn into one lane forcing anyone with a Blue Parking pass to make a left turn at a stop sign.

Walking to the stadium, we passed no less than a dozen poor women returning to their cars with their pocketbooks because they are unaware that you are not allowed into the stadium with them.

Once inside the stadium, it still took 10 minutes to get to our seats upstairs even though it was a preseason game. At halftime, many of the food concessions were closed causing massive lines. The bathroom line like usual was still out into the corridor. The place s*cks.
    Went there as well for that game. We sat in section 314. All was good in this area as we really enjoyed the experience.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=152334&dateline=14041  60800

OMG you mean it took you a long time to park at and NFL event? And a whooping 10 minutes to get to your seats walking thru a big stadium?? Doesn't sound all that unusual to me.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    OMG you mean it took you a long time to park at and NFL event? And a whooping 10 minutes to get to your seats walking thru a big stadium?? Doesn't sound all that unusual to me.
    That's because you probably never went to Giants Stadium every game for 30+ seasons, where it took 10 minutes to park, and didn't take any time at all going up the escalators to get to your seats, even when there were 75,000 people there, not 35,000.

That's because you probably never went to Giants Stadium every game for 30+ seasons, where it took 10 minutes to park, and didn't take any time at all going up the escalators to get to your seats, even when there were 75,000 people there, not 35,000.
    Your right I didn't go for 30+ seasons, must be nice to be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alumni2k11 View Post
    Went there as well for that game. We sat in section 314. All was good in this area as we really enjoyed the experience.

Sometimes I wonder if I should've gone for upper deck seats at the 50 yard line (like section 314), instead of the lower level in the end zone.

The Drive for Super Bowl Championship #5!!!

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    After the Jan 1st 2012 game against the Cowboys it took me 30 mins to get out of the stadium. Place is horrible compared to the old stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    After the Jan 1st 2012 game against the Cowboys it took me 30 mins to get out of the stadium. Place is horrible compared to the old stadium.

The old stadium was horrible to get out of too!

The Drive for Super Bowl Championship #5!!!