+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    So your 34 year old QB had 2 back surgeries in 1 year and that's the least of your worries?
    Romo did very well choking before the injuries and surgeries. He'll just choke alot more now.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    the defense of eli is truly disturbing in here. you have a starter that is clearly at the end of his career but you guys love to clamor on about his two rings being the greatest thing in the world....hell, by this logic maybe the Cowboys can get aikman out of retirement to lead them again eh? I mean, he's got a few rings too and from the sound of you guys, just as long as you got rings, you can start anytime

face it, eli sucks just like tiger woods sucks now lol. all those majors tiger won before aint helping him any....its called losing your game and eli has clearly lost his game. that's just the way it is

oh but yall can carry on about eli's rings if you want. it gives you some sense of security I guess? however its false security
    A Cowboys fan who actually thinks Romo is clutch, and is bragging about signing Brandon Weeden, thinks it's 'disturbing' that Giants fans defend Eli, who actually won more playoff games than Romo and Weeden combined.

And it's too bad that you can't bring up Romo's rings, which is why you keep trying to downplay Eli's rings. Downplaying Eli's rings won't take away the sting of Romo not having any. And maybe the Cowboys should get Aikman out of retirement to lead them, since Romo's not gonna lead them to the promised land.

Eli had his worst year as a pro in 2013. No doubt about that, but he'll most likely bounce back in 2014. And instead of worrying about Eli so much maybe you should worry about Romo who is recovering from back surgery.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    A Cowboys fan who actually thinks Romo is clutch, and is bragging about signing Brandon Weeden, thinks it's 'disturbing' that Giants fans defend Eli, who actually won more playoff games than Romo and Weeden combined.
    Won more playoff games? Hell, he won more Superbowl MVPs than Romo has playoff wins.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Won more playoff games? Hell, he won more Superbowl MVPs than Romo has playoff wins.
    True. But since the Dr likes to brag about Romo and Weeden it's nice to point out Eli's multiple playoff wins to him, especially since he likes to downplay the SB wins.

Banned

And it's too bad that you can't bring up Romo's rings, which is why you keep trying to downplay Eli's rings. Downplaying Eli's rings won't take away the sting of Romo not having any. And maybe the Cowboys should get Aikman out of retirement to lead them, since Romo's not gonna lead them to the promised land.

Eli had his worst year as a pro in 2013. No doubt about that, but he'll most likely bounce back in 2014. And instead of worrying about Eli so much maybe you should worry about Romo who is recovering from back surgery.
    Certainly not bragging about weeden other than the fact he did better than eli last year lol. As for Romo, like ive said, no worries there...
    i can sense you peoples genuine sense of security of eli and his rings and how its gonna save your season this year lol.. Hey thats all yall got going into this season so good for you!! The cellar awaits the giants mighty reign!

Certainly not bragging about weeden other than the fact he did better than eli last year lol. As for Romo, like ive said, no worries there...
    i can sense you peoples genuine sense of security of eli and his rings and how its gonna save your season this year lol.. Hey thats all yall got going into this season so good for you!! The cellar awaits the giants mighty reign!
    Romo is over all a very good QB. He just hasn't had the post season success as Eli and the Giants. Some of it his fault and some not.
    The Eagles beat writer is just pissed because the Eagles have never ever won the big game. He should be pissed!! But as a Giants fane I must be honest. Nothing makes me happier than when the Eagles or Dallas loses. Especially Dallas. Not too much animosity towards the Skins though for some reason.
    I thinks its the Eagles' fans that I think are a joke a its Jerry Jones who like seeing defeated I guess.
    BTW....JJ is the biggest problem for your team.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Romo is over all a very good QB. He just hasn't had the post season success as Eli and the Giants. Some of it his fault and some not.
    The Eagles beat writer is just pissed because the Eagles have never ever won the big game. He should be pissed!! But as a Giants fane I must be honest. Nothing makes me happier than when the Eagles or Dallas loses. Especially Dallas. Not too much animosity towards the Skins though for some reason.
    I thinks its the Eagles' fans that I think are a joke a its Jerry Jones who like seeing defeated I guess.
    BTW....JJ is the biggest problem for your team.
    I agree jerry is the biggest problem.

Weeden did so much better than Eli last year that he got benched, released and is now backing up Romo. So, that's probably not something to brag about.

And you keep acting as if Giants fans are relying on Eli's past SB rings to carry the team to success in 2014, when those rings didn't help the Giants the last 2 years. Just like Romo's 1 playoff win hasn't help the Cowboys over the last few years.

Let's look at the last three years; 2011 (Eli and the Giants win division and SB), 2012 (Giants miss playoffs) and 2013 (Eli leads league in INTs and Giants miss playoffs). In 2011, 2012 and 2013, Romo and the Cowboys lost the division and missed the playoffs.

So, you can keep calling the Giants cellar dwellers all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that the Cowboys haven't won the division or made the playoffs since 2009. And let's not forget, Dallas ended up 8-8 last year to the Giants 7-9. Yes, I know sweeping the Giants last year was the Cowboys version of making the playoffs and winning a Super Bowl, but it doesn't change the fact that Romo is coming back from a back injury and your defense still has massive holes in it.

The Giants have question marks and so do the Cowboys. But if pointing the finger at the Giants keeps you from crying about the Cowboys issues then that's understandable.

Banned
    Weeden did so much better than Eli last year that he got benched, released and is now backing up Romo. So, that's probably not something to brag about.

And you keep acting as if Giants fans are relying on Eli's past SB rings to carry the team to success in 2014, when those rings didn't help the Giants the last 2 years. Just like Romo's 1 playoff win hasn't help the Cowboys over the last few years.

Let's look at the last three years; 2011 (Eli and the Giants win division and SB), 2012 (Giants miss playoffs) and 2013 (Eli leads league in INTs and Giants miss playoffs). In 2011, 2012 and 2013, Romo and the Cowboys lost the division and missed the playoffs.

So, you can keep calling the Giants cellar dwellers all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that the Cowboys haven't won the division or made the playoffs since 2009. And let's not forget, Dallas ended up 8-8 last year to the Giants 7-9. Yes, I know sweeping the Giants last year was the Cowboys version of making the playoffs and winning a Super Bowl, but it doesn't change the fact that Romo is coming back from a back injury and your defense still has massive holes in it.

The Giants have question marks and so do the Cowboys. But if pointing the finger at the Giants keeps you from crying about the Cowboys issues then that's understandable.
    the last three seasons, if Dallas had any type of defense, then they would of won the division all three yrs. this is where jerry came in and screwed that all up. first by bringing in that fat rob ryan and then bringing in the obsolete kiffen. my thing is, is that you and others love to play the blame Romo game and this shows the unrealistic thoughts generated by you guys. yes Dallas finished 8-8 again last yr but that team could of easily gone 12-4, had Dallas had some kind of mediocre defense and put up just one defense stop during a majority of the games played, however their defense was horrible. cant blame Romo when he is leading the team to 30 plus points; only to have the defense give up 40 pts or more...if I am not mistaken, Romo and that offense was in the top 5 last yr? or close to it.
    and yes, you fans ARE indeed playing the "eli has rings" cause everyone in here keeps bringing that up lol. its like, so what? Romo doesn't have up n down seasons like eli does. last yr, we had a horrible play caller in bill Callahan that prevented Romo from doing the type of things he does best. I truly believe with a new defensive coord and offensive play caller, and of course, limited injuries, this team is going to win the east this year.

the last three seasons, if Dallas had any type of defense, then they would of won the division all three yrs. this is where jerry came in and screwed that all up. first by bringing in that fat rob ryan and then bringing in the obsolete kiffen. my thing is, is that you and others love to play the blame Romo game and this shows the unrealistic thoughts generated by you guys. yes Dallas finished 8-8 again last yr but that team could of easily gone 12-4, had Dallas had some kind of mediocre defense and put up just one defense stop during a majority of the games played, however their defense was horrible. cant blame Romo when he is leading the team to 30 plus points; only to have the defense give up 40 pts or more...if I am not mistaken, Romo and that offense was in the top 5 last yr? or close to it.
    and yes, you fans ARE indeed playing the "eli has rings" cause everyone in here keeps bringing that up lol. its like, so what? Romo doesn't have up n down seasons like eli does. last yr, we had a horrible play caller in bill Callahan that prevented Romo from doing the type of things he does best. I truly believe with a new defensive coord and offensive play caller, and of course, limited injuries, this team is going to win the east this year.
    It's funny how you love to blast Eli for his shortcomings, but you want to blame Jerry and everyone else for Romo's shortcomings. And Callahan didn't prevent Romo from doing what he does best last year, which is snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with late INTs. Just like Eli is responsible for his bad decision making, Romo is responsible for his bad decision making.

And of course fans are going to bring up the SB rings card when it comes to an Eli/Romo career debate. You know, those same SB rings that you keep trying to discount since Romo doesn't have any. But I don't recall any fan saying that Eli's 2 SB rings are going to guarantee the Giants success in 2014. You keep trying to imply that's what fans are saying, but I haven't seen a Giant fan actually say it.

And seeing how bad the NFC East has been recently, it's still anybody's division to win.