News for 2014 on the Washington team:

Washington's David Amerson "found his swagger".

I will admit, I wanted us to draft him a few years back.

Rookie season included a little of everything. There was hope: the interception returned for a touchdown against Oakland. There was concern: falling for double moves and missing assignments. In the end, though, the Washington Redskins were quite pleased with how second-round corner David Amerson developed -- and how he finished the season.

And they liked what they saw this offseason (some players talked privately about how he had improved). Now, as Amerson enters his second season, he does so as a starter. Amerson will have a lot more to prove, and for the defense to get better the optimism surrounding him must be legitimate.

Entering his second season in the NFL, Redskins CB David Amerson has worked to improve several areas of his game this offseason.But Amerson had a clear grip on where he wanted to improve his game.

"Going into my second year, I feel confident," he said last month. "I found my swagger a little bit. I feel good about it. ...Coming into the season I was real fresh. I started to pick up the defense, but as far as fundamentally and working at stuff, I was raw at it. The more I played the better I got."

Redskins corner DeAngelo Hall said they challenged Amerson to "work harder than he ever worked before" this offseason.

"We always joked with him to take the cool out of his game," Hall said. "It looks like he's not really working. From Day 1 of the offseason program he was first in the sprints. We have a board of guys who won sprints and he's top two in every category. He accepted the challenge and he worked hard, he lifted hard. He worked on his technique and all his fundamentals and nuances of the defense."
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...und-my-swagger