+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: smoking weed gets you a year. beating up fiancee gets you two games? ray rice related

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Looks like they've handed him the standard penalty for a first-time offense. Fair's fair, right? If Rice does this two more times he'll get suspended for a year. Jeez...

I'd have kicked him out of the league.
    A year ban without pay and mandatory rehab at least. Of course women cry foul a lot just to cash in a lottery ticket, but there is video evidence of this. Whether the woman started it or not, this is jacked up. I doubt a woman of her stature could knock rice out with anything less than a sledgehammer.

I feel the need......THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PETE MAVERICK View Post
    A year ban without pay and mandatory rehab at least. Of course women cry foul a lot just to cash in a lottery ticket, but there is video evidence of this. Whether the woman started it or not, this is jacked up. I doubt a woman of her stature could knock rice out with anything less than a sledgehammer.
    I don't think it's something that's going to fade away. It's going to forever be associated with Rice, and by extension, the league. For that reason I'd be fine with cutting ties with him. I agree that a year without pay should be the minimum for something like this, though.

I just don't think the NFL does enough to stomp out the crap some of their employees get up to.

Rice should've gotten at least a 4-game suspension, even as a first-time offender. The NFL seems to come down harder on players for failed drug tests than they do for anything else.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Let me say first what Ray Rice did was completely wrong.

None of us seen what fully happened, none of read the statements & police report. Plus Ray Rice's wife had a personal meeting with Goodell explaining the situation, which probably went real well. Like someone said he's a first-time offender, so I guess with all things they know, 2 games is right to them. The court of law will handle the rest...

Quote Originally Posted by PETE MAVERICK View Post
    I can't disagree with this post at all. You don't accidentally knock anyone out. The league really needs to reevaluate their disciplinary actions
    EH, you cant accidentlally knock someone out, but this did not happen. Im very disappointed as I really like Ray Rice. Now, not so much. He should be in jail, yet he got a 2 game suspension. Terrible look for the NFL.

Hey, if we find weed in your system it is twice as bad as you putting your fist through your laies face.

What the hell is wrong with the commisioners of sports these days. They are terrible. I guess $$$ controls everything right?

Quote Originally Posted by NYGhtmare View Post
    Let me say first what Ray Rice did was completely wrong.

None of us seen what fully happened, none of read the statements & police report. Plus Ray Rice's wife had a personal meeting with Goodell explaining the situation, which probably went real well. Like someone said he's a first-time offender, so I guess with all things they know, 2 games is right to them. The court of law will handle the rest...
    What happened was his fiance was like, "I still want his money so dont take much away from him." And as for first time offender, if you punch a girl, you only get one strike. It is not like smoking pot. That should be 3 strikes. Even a DUI isnt as bad as punching your spouce and knocking her out.

How about we fine the girlfriend for marrying him, cmon man: Rice spoke Friday for the first time since being arrested following an altercation with his then-fiancee, now-wife Janay Palmer in Atlantic City in February. Speaking at a news conference, Rice apologized for "the situation my wife and I were in," and promised reporters that he is "working every day to be a father, a better husband and a better role model."
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

+ Reply to Thread