+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Exactly. Foles is #1 until someone outperforms him.
    pretty much
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeast88 View Post
    I'm asking because seems like everyone media wise thinks this guy is the best quaterback in the division and that and I'm trying to think
    When this happened ? When did the eagles become this complete team with a franchise qb ?? Because all I see is a quaterback who had one good year
    And is now king of the nfc east anyone else think that's straight bs or i am I just feeling this way because I'm a giants fan
    Until further notice, he has the best offensive line in the division.

To be fair, Foles had a great season.....but when you get protection, and when you have a solid running game, most QBs look better.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeast88 View Post
    I'm asking because seems like everyone media wise thinks this guy is the best quaterback in the division and that and I'm trying to think
    When this happened ? When did the eagles become this complete team with a franchise qb ?? Because all I see is a quaterback who had one good year
    And is now king of the nfc east anyone else think that's straight bs or i am I just feeling this way because I'm a giants fan

There was no question, Foles was the best QB in the division last year. Can he carry it over to this year? I am guessing no, but until proven otherwise, he has earned that title.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

He became the best last year .............by a country mile..........there is no comparison between his accuracy and decision making and Eli's

The kid had an awesome year when he got in to play.. kudos to the eagles and their evolving offence.

Until the other 3 teams in the division do enough to supplant them in the " pleasant surprise " category... they deserve to get the credit.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    Always how players are projected in the NFL, it's done year to year. So don't go nuts, b/c we all know that what a player did one year doesn't always translate again the next year,
    Of course, unless you're Eli and it's posted on this board. :-)

Josh McCown through 5 games was also great last year. Small sample size, but if you extrapolated his stats to a 10 game season (like Foles), he would have had the same TD to int numbers 26 tds to 2 ints, but like 500 more yards.

Josh McCown is a perennial backup QB; he didn't suddenly get better. He was just thrust into a system that worked with just about anyone under center.

I think the same could be said for Foles. I think Foles is legitimately better than say, Andy Dalton, but that's really all I'm willing to credit him for right now.

Why? Because he had an OL that gave him the most time to attempt a pass last season. He had Lesean McCoy as the defense's main focal point, and he had an offense that caught a lot of teams off guard.

But when you take away mccoy's run game through solid gap discipline and taking away the cut back by aligning your MIKE a little behind the play, the game is in a Foles hands. He's capable until you take his first read away, because a lot of times he would only bother to read one half of the field and wait for something to develop. Of course sometimes his OL would bail him out by affording him enough time to switch his gaze cross field and find the open man, but that wasn't the case in much of his two meet ups with Dallas.

That said, his pocket presence isn't bad, he's got a good arm, and he tends not to make the stupid play, so I think he has a nice future. I just don't think he's 27td to 2ints good.

And unfortunately for him, 3 of his 5 lineman, including his 2 best are (or will be) 32 and older before the season's end.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Josh McCown through 5 games was also great last year. Small sample size, but if you extrapolated his stats to a 10 game season (like Foles), he would have had the same TD to int numbers 26 tds to 2 ints, but like 500 more yards.

Josh McCown is a perennial backup QB; he didn't suddenly get better. He was just thrust into a system that worked with just about anyone under center.

I think the same could be said for Foles. I think Foles is legitimately better than say, Andy Dalton, but that's really all I'm willing to credit him for right now.

Why? Because he had an OL that gave him the most time to attempt a pass last season. He had Lesean McCoy as the defense's main focal point, and he had an offense that caught a lot of teams off guard.

But when you take away mccoy's run game through solid gap discipline and taking away the cut back by aligning your MIKE a little behind the play, the game is in a Foles hands. He's capable until you take his first read away, because a lot of times he would only bother to read one half of the field and wait for something to develop. Of course sometimes his OL would bail him out by affording him enough time to switch his gaze cross field and find the open man, but that wasn't the case in much of his two meet ups with Dallas.

That said, his pocket presence isn't bad, he's got a good arm, and he tends not to make the stupid play, so I think he has a nice future. I just don't think he's 27td to 2ints good.

And unfortunately for him, 3 of his 5 lineman, including his 2 best are (or will be) 32 and older before the season's end.
    Nte, you just don't understand. Eli threw 27 ints last year so Nick Foles is now a better QB than Eli Manning.

Get with the program.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    Nte, you just don't understand. Eli threw 27 ints last year so Nick Foles is now a better QB than Eli Manning.

Get with the program.

He was miles above Eli Manning last season. In fact, he was the polar opposite of him, but in a good way.

Nick Foles, if he can continue where he left off last season, has a very bright future. Give the man some credit for a very impressive season. No one is going to think any less of you for it.

He isn't the best QB in the division,but he was the best QB in the division last year.