+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    all this is, is a desperate attempt by rival fans and some media to try and play this as a distraction when in all reality, it isn't. people are gonna have to reach elsewhere to find a distraction in Dallas.

We're the desperate ones on this topic? Not you?
    O-B-J !!!

Banned
    yup. like I said, this really makes me no never mind lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    Or set up a highly organized dog fighting ring.
    I'm pretty sure the only reason Vick couldn't play was because he was serving jail time. As soon as he got out of prison he was playing again.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'm pretty sure the only reason Vick couldn't play was because he was serving jail time. As soon as he got out of prison he was playing again.

That was my point. No suspension from the NFL (which should've been a permanent one). Even though Vick lied to Goodell's face, saying he wasn't involved at all. saying it was a case of putting too much trust in his friends who were living on his property.

Way to go again, Goodell!!
    O-B-J !!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    That was my point. No suspension from the NFL (which should've been a permanent one). Even though Vick lied to Goodell's face, saying he wasn't involved at all. saying it was a case of putting too much trust in his friends who were living on his property.

Way to go again, Goodell!!
    I certainly don't like vick or what he did but he did do prison time n paid his dues to society.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    he looks happy lol

again, so what? lol like I said, its a desperate attempt by rival fans and some media to try n play the distraction card. wont work in this case

Maybe McClain will use this as an excuse to 'retire' again.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Maybe McClain will use this as an excuse to 'retire' again.
    I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    I certainly don't like vick or what he did but he did do prison time n paid his dues to society.

Not quite.

In September 2007, a Surry County grand jury affirmed two state charges against Michael Vick. One count of unlawfully torturing, and killing dogs, and one of promoting dogfights. Each felony charge could have resulted in a "five-year prison term".

Vick eventually pleaded guilty to one count under a plea deal, and not guilty to the other, and that charge was dropped. Surry County Circuit Judge Samuel Campbell approved the plea agreement, and sentenced Vick to a three-year suspended jail term and probation.

Vick actually went to prison after pleading guilty to a federal conspiracy charge of bankrolling the dog fighting operation. He served 18 months of a 23-month sentence at Leavenworth federal prison.

So, despite the claims by Vick’s supporters that “he has paid for his crimes,” he actually has not!!!

The truth is that Michael Vick has never spent a day in prison for animal cruelty. He merely went to prison for "financial crimes".

When police raided Vick’s house in Surry County in 2007, they found 65 dogs (nearly all pit bulls), a dog-fighting pit, blood-stained carpets, and various equipment commonly used in dog fighting.

One of the items found on Vick’s property was a "rape stand". Which is a device where female dogs are strapped into and restrained, allowing a male dog to breed with her.

According to the federal indictment, when dogs at Vick’s Bad Newz Kennels lost a fight, or failed to perform well in "test matches', they were routinely killed by methods including electrocution, hanging, drowning, and in at least one case by “slamming” the dog’s body onto the concrete floor. In one session in April 2007, at least eight dogs were killed through these methods.

Vick took part in these executions along with his partners Purnell Peace, and Quanis Phillips. The indictment detailed a March 2003 incident, in which a female pit bull who had just lost a match was killed. Vick and Peace decided to kill her by “wetting the dog down with water and electrocuting her.”

The main reason Vick is despised by so many, is that he was never punished, nor will he ever be for brutalizing and killing so many helpless victims!!!
    O-B-J !!!