+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1212

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Westside, Bankhead
    Posts
    23,206

    Any interest in a second GMB league?

    Just trying to gauge interest. This may not fill out, but so far it's:

    1. Me
    2. Strick
    3. Gen. Eli

    Anyone? I'd definitely want to get some money involved, even if it's only $5-$10, lol.

  2. #2
    All-Pro NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    6,190
    Yeah I'm down for sure. Quick question... how's the money situation work? Set up a PayPal account or something along those lines?

    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

  3. #3
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Westside, Bankhead
    Posts
    23,206
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Yeah I'm down for sure. Quick question... how's the money situation work? Set up a PayPal account or something along those lines?
    We use a site named Leaguesafe in the other GMB league. I'm all for using that again, it's much safer, everyone knows where their money is, pays out the second the season ends, etc.

    I mean, we can do PayPal; it's not like I'd screw you guys over, but in leagues in which I don't commission, Leaguesafe-secured leagues are a must for me, so obviously I think it's worth it. I find that the negligible fees they charge are welllllll worth the peace of mind for all involved.

  4. #4
    All-Pro NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    6,190
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    We use a site named Leaguesafe in the other GMB league. I'm all for using that again, it's much safer, everyone knows where their money is, pays out the second the season ends, etc.

    I mean, we can do PayPal; it's not like I'd screw you guys over, but in leagues in which I don't commission, Leaguesafe-secured leagues are a must for me, so obviously I think it's worth it. I find that the negligible fees they charge are welllllll worth the peace of mind for all involved.
    The leaguesafe idea sounds good to me. I'm just hoping we can fill out the rest of the spots so we can get this going

    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Rudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    woof arf bark woof
    Posts
    50,392
    I want to give others a chance who couldn't get into the other FF league


    but I mean if there's room.....
    Mood: WOOF!

  6. #6
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Westside, Bankhead
    Posts
    23,206
    40% there

  7. #7
    Veteran gurujot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    4,336
    if its auction and theres space sure, what would be really awesome is to start a keeper/dynasty league

  8. #8
    All-Pro NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    6,190
    Quote Originally Posted by gurujot View Post
    if its auction and theres space sure, what would be really awesome is to start a keeper/dynasty league
    I'd be down for an auction. How exactly does the auction league work? You have a budget and people bid on specific players or something along those lines?

    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

  9. #9
    Veteran gurujot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    4,336
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I'd be down for an auction. How exactly does the auction league work? You have a budget and people bid on specific players or something along those lines?
    everyone gets 200 usually and everyone bids on each player as their nominated. I think if we changed it to 300 it would go alot faster because everyone could fill out their roster without waiting for it to get to the scraps and if its 100 it would lead to some really skillful budgeting to get a good team

  10. #10
    All-Pro NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    6,190
    Quote Originally Posted by gurujot View Post
    everyone gets 200 usually and everyone bids on each player as their nominated. I think if we changed it to 300 it would go alot faster because everyone could fill out their roster without waiting for it to get to the scraps and if its 100 it would lead to some really skillful budgeting to get a good team
    That would be interesting. You could blow a ton of your budget for top players but then would cripple the options for the rest of the roster. It would be fun to do something like that though. It's almost like managing a real team to an extent.. With the amount you bid being like a salary if you think about it that way lol.

    If you drop someone do you get that money back to bid on FA's or players on waivers?

    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts