+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I'd be down for an auction. How exactly does the auction league work? You have a budget and people bid on specific players or something along those lines?
    Yeah, you're given $200 to build a team.

Quote Originally Posted by gurujot View Post
    everyone gets 200 usually and everyone bids on each player as their nominated. I think if we changed it to 300 it would go alot faster because everyone could fill out their roster without waiting for it to get to the scraps and if its 100 it would lead to some really skillful budgeting to get a good team
    That would be interesting. You could blow a ton of your budget for top players but then would cripple the options for the rest of the roster. It would be fun to do something like that though. It's almost like managing a real team to an extent.. With the amount you bid being like a salary if you think about it that way lol.

If you drop someone do you get that money back to bid on FA's or players on waivers?

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

That would be interesting. You could blow a ton of your budget for top players but then would cripple the options for the rest of the roster. It would be fun to do something like that though. It's almost like managing a real team to an extent.. With the amount you bid being like a salary if you think about it that way lol.

If you drop someone do you get that money back to bid on FA's or players on waivers?
    No all sales are final, I had Brees in one and I accidently bid on stafford near the end of the process and I got stuck with him. Theres no monetary system for waivers just the auction it self. Auctions really suck with bots though.

Nah, they just get added into the FA pool.

I actually just filled up an auction league that I run on another MB. I had 2 open spots for the longest time, but when I asked an hour ago if they'd be cool with me inviting some GMBers to fill it up, 2 other members stepped up to the plate and signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I was thinking, maybe we should add one or two keepers. I've never done a keeper league before, but we have plans in another league of mine to transition into one next year.

And I'll do an auction if everyone is down for that. I plan on doing a bunch of Yahoo Pro20 auctions, so I'll just do one less of those.
    I'm in a keeper league with a fantasy draft. It's pretty cool I get one keeper from my team from the previous year. It makes things interesting especially if you have multiple people who would be a 1st round pick. Like I have Matt forte and I picked up Arian foster at the end of the year just in case he looks back to form I could choose to keep him over forte (doubt I do though bc forte is super solid)

Mock Draft
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Quote Originally Posted by gurujot View Post
    No all sales are final, I had Brees in one and I accidently bid on stafford near the end of the process and I got stuck with him. Theres no monetary system for waivers just the auction it self. Auctions really suck with bots though.
    Dang that sounds interesting so it takes some real managing of money over the year!
    Nah, they just get added into the FA pool.

I actually just filled up an auction league that I run on another MB. I had 2 open spots for the longest time, but when I asked an hour ago if they'd be cool with me inviting some GMBers to fill it up, 2 other members stepped up to the plate and signed up.
    Ok thanks for clearing that up. I would be down for an auction league for sure. Sounds interesting for sure. It would be fun to mix it up a little and do something like this

Mock Draft

So how do your keeper rules work? Do you have to sacrifice the round in which you initially drafted them, or do you just get a full helping of picks and the talent pool is just slimmer because of the other teams' keepers? For instance, I've seen questions for keeper leagues posed in this way:

"Should I keep Alshon Jeffery for a 7th rounder, or Cordarelle Patterson for a 13th rounder?"

I don't know about auction, but if the league is normal draft and/or keeper and you're only one or two short, I might consider doing 2 leagues, but only if you can't get others... spread the love around and all that...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

So how do your keeper rules work? Do you have to sacrifice the round in which you initially drafted them, or do you just get a full helping of picks and the talent pool is just slimmer because of the other teams' keepers? For instance, I've seen questions for keeper leagues posed in this way:

"Should I keep Alshon Jeffery for a 7th rounder, or Cordarelle Patterson for a 13th rounder?"
    Mine works like they are just excluded from the draft so it's like they are automatically on the roster and then you draft like usual but one less round.

That should be really interesting though if it was based on round selected though. If you picked a real sleeper late who turned into a stud then you would have a real edge over everyone else lol

Mock Draft

Mine works like they are just excluded from the draft so it's like they are automatically on the roster and then you draft like usual but one less round.

That should be really interesting though if it was based on round selected though. If you picked a real sleeper late who turned into a stud then you would have a real edge over everyone else lol
    Yeah, these are some of the details we'd have to work out.

It's probably even more complicated with the auction, too.

My thought on this is that, if we do a keeper and, say, PPR or .5PPR, let's not get too cute and make it an auction to boot, lol.