Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

I've been reported...

...to the MODS for violating "copyright laws" by creating the NEWS ARTICLES threads. Not being a copyright attorney, as I am sure the individual reporting me must be, I've written to two of the public domain outlets I used to copy and paste the "links". I've asked them if what I do is copyright infringement and will share their answers (assuming I get answers) with one and all. Should I get answers I will then communicate with all of the outlets to seek permission to provide links top their sites to others.

It was suggested that I could simply not post the whole article and not run afoul of the copyright police. Problem is, I don't post the articles, just the links to the articles. Since every outlet I use is in the public domain I think I am just a conduit to get other fans to the articles. I also think that leaving something out of an article would be more offensive/illegal to the originator of the article.

I love coming here to share thoughts about the GIANTS and will continue to do that. I realize that a lot of posters do the same thing with one article here and one there. I don't know if this complaint is directed at everyone or just me. Surely, I don't have any enemys here [:'(]

I don't believe this has anything to do with copyright infringement but I do respect the MODS for needing to be careful lest this escalate into something larger than life. I would suggest they modify the TOS as I am pretty sure we are directed to post a link with "news".

Until I can get some clarification from a reliable source, we'll just continue to share our thoughts without the benefit of the "link".

HERE WE GO, GIANTS, HERE WE GO!!

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: I've been reported...

Sorry to hear that RF. Rumour has it it's JG21 that ratted on you.

[]
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

[quote user="Roosevelt"]Sorry to hear that RF. Rumour has it it's JG21 that ratted on you.

[]
    [/quote]

If there were anyone I'd bet on being torqued about links, it would not be JG lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran

This site http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/giants/ does something like that. Only shows part of the story and then provides original link. They link to 100's of sources (lots of local newspapers) all over the country (in giants case, depends on who they played or are going to play). Says this @ the bottom.

ProSportsDaily.com is not affiliated with the NBA, NFL, MLB, or any
    of the newspapers linked to.

Will be interesting to see the replies you get. Also wonder how different what you do is over what every poster on here does starting a reported story. Heck you get yelled @ if you don't supply the link.

People suck. Please continue to post links. That is not illegal.

I appreciate it and so do many others. Don't give in to morons. Please don't let the morons win.

Scoops

[quote user="OX1"]This site http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/giants/ does something like that. Only shows part of the story and then provides original link. They link to 100's of sources (lots of local newspapers) all over the country (in giants case, depends on who they played or are going to play). Says this @ the bottom.

ProSportsDaily.com is not affiliated with the NBA, NFL, MLB, or any
    of the newspapers linked to.

Will be interesting to see the replies you get. Also wonder how different what you do is over what every poster on here does starting a reported story. Heck you get yelled @ if you don't supply the link.
    [/quote]

I don't think it's any different than if I simply tell you what the link is in a conversation.

Well absent an announcement from above. Seems to be either being checked up on. Or like the forum Code of Conduct. That tells you oops when you click it.

[quote user="scoopscj"]People suck. Please continue to post links. That is not illegal.

I appreciate it and so do many others. Don't give in to morons. Please don't let the morons win.

Scoops

[/quote]

I will follow through as I said but I also don't want to put the MODS in a position to have to ban me for ignoring their warning.

How the hell is posting links a copywrite infringement?

What a bunch of horse ****..
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]How the hell is posting links a copywrite infringement?

What a bunch of horse ****..
    [/quote]

It is just strange but until I get get something from at least one source or an attorney I'll do as asked.