+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Robin Williams has died.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    It is a really tough cross to bear. We really have no idea how complicated mental illness can be. We do know that many of the great comedians struggle with it for their entire life including one of Robin's great mentors Jonathan Winters. As gifted a comedian as he was, I loved him as an actor even more. His performance in Dead Poets Society was spectacular. Gonna miss him.........
    Have you seen What Dreams May Come?

If you haven't, it's..just truly remarkable. Incredibly sad, but a beautiful movie. You see him in a different light.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post

If you haven't, it's..just truly remarkable. Incredibly sad, but a beautiful movie. You see him in a different light.
    That's two counting Dead Poets society that I missed. Guy was great!
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Yeah, beautiful movie like mystical with Cuba Gooding Jr. Williams was a comic that comedy would just flow out of him, he actually made u LOL. Awakening and hour photo were two of his better acting roles.

Quote Originally Posted by PUGH72 View Post
    Yeah, beautiful movie like mystical with Cuba Gooding Jr. Williams was a comic that comedy would just flow out of him, he actually made u LOL. Awakening and hour photo were two of his better acting roles.
    One Hour Photo was so thrilling and creepy. I loved it!

My jaw hit the floor watching the news about Robin Williams on TV. Stunned isn't a strong enough word. I remember watching Williams on Mork & Mindy when I was kid. He had a lot of really good films, but my favorite has always been Dead Poets Society.

R.I.P. Robin Williams. He had a lot of personal struggles in his life, but hopefully he's at peace now.
    One of these teams is not like the others

I just watched Hook on Netflix with my nephew and nieces last Saturday. Really sucks.

This is soooooo sad. I loved his comedy. I just watched him again on the best of Inside The Actors Studio. He was one of the funniest in our history !!!
    and the HBO special Weapons of Self Destruction. Rest in Peace Robin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U48KpK1srx4

and, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-JUF3xHdbI
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

It's apparent suicide.

He has been battling depression for years, and he had a very serious drug addiction.
    He has, and he did. But he kicked drugs (cocaine) over 30 years ago, as he did alcohol at the same time. Unfortunately, he had a relapse with alcohol (but not cocaine) after 20 years of sobriety, around 2002-03, when working on Insomnia in Alaska. But after 3 years and family intervention, he went back into residential rehab in 2006.

At the risk of sounding like a "know it all", I only know this because upon hearing the news earlier, I looked up a couple interviews with him from a couple years ago in which he wanted to talk about it.

So, for reasons known only to him (or maybe not known to him), his recurring bouts of depression apparently took control, even though he was a successful, if chronic, fighter of his addictions.

This has hit me hard, as it has many of us here and elsewhere.

At least Johnathan Winters, an idol of Williams (and me) passed when he was 88 (16 months ago, to the day). Even with his demons (and he had many, spent time in an institution--twice--when much younger), he had a life in full.

Robin passed too young, with more to give us. Nano nano, Robin.

I know this is a little late (I was on vacation) but he was just diagnosed with Parkinson's. I loved watching him there isn't a time that he didn't make me want to roll on the floor.

Jamie - 30 hero's under 30

Age 25
    Air New York Air National Guard
    Jamie is an inspiration to those battling both physical and emotional challenges. She is proactive in her own recovery and continues to be active in the military. Jamie is an amazing citizen of Central New York and also a member of the 174th Attack Wing at Han**** Field.

+1
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

+ Reply to Thread