+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Starters On Our Team Aren't Being Given A Fair Shake

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Although I do agree that it's hard to actually be disappointed in the starters due to a small sample size of game time, we'd be complaining even more if our starters were hurt in a preseason game for playing TOO much.
    Clearly they need more work anyway...I rather the games count when they DO start clicking though.....
    EXACTLY!

If Eli Manning had 8 tds in 5 preseason games, it wouldnt mean anything anyways.. especially if they stink it up in Detroit come MNF. Really, if the 1st string offense played extermely well, there would be a whole bunch of hype, and expectations that would make every team aiming to show that it was just a fluke anyways.

I like the low profile and underdog label the Giants always seem to have.. nothing new about it this year.

We have what seems to be an abundance of young talent peppered throughout the team, we have a 2 time superbowl MVP quarterback, and a running game that has blown the doors off of anything we've seen here in the past couple years. The best part - its only preseason!

This is a great time to be a New York Football Giants fan - to those who only have negative things to say and fingers to point it's a shame you'll never know this feeling. It's a mixture of optimistic anxious and tentative energy. The hope things go well, with the outlook they're going to while still maintaining some reality about the situation. Are there things that could be better? Sure (the tight end position can't be willed away, it is a real thing that exists)

I for one am damn excited it's football season, and damn proud to be a giants fan.

All-Pro
    Having two bad regular seasons and a bad pre season is why there is reason for concern about Eli.

very true, the regular season will be the true measuring stick. however, based on how poorly the team (especially Eil) played last year and seeing the same results during preseason its also understandable to start getting nervous even before the season starts. lets hope Eli and team get it together during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Well, that's friggin' TC's fault. Why didn't he let his starters play more in order to get used to a new O system? He even said last night that the took his starters out after just a handful of snaps because they weren't moving the ball? Well, genius HC of ours, don't you think our starters need some real game time experience to get into the flow of their new offense that they're learning?
    Ive been saying that the whole preseason

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBOWL/BOUND/GIANTS View Post
    Rashaad Jennings is 4th in the league in rushing during the preseason, Williams is 5th, Washington had 4 TD's

Zack Bowman with two INTS leads the preseason, Moore lead the league with 4 sacks

theres a lot of positives about this preseason.. they went 5-0. Sure Eli didnt put up any stats worth talking about but this is a team game..
    we have good players in the pipeline....but I expect more than a season to gel...and Fewell is looking to leave so we may have to do this again with the defense next season

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
    I'm a die hard Giants fan until I take a dirt nap! But it seriously gets under my skin when a lot of Giants fans just come on here daily to rag on the team over and over. Now granted...In my opinion some of these so called fans are trolls....but some are actual fans that constantly trash this team. I understand some people being upset by the way the starters have been playing but.....have some respect for your team....how can so many people trash them when they haven't even played 1 regular season game yet? Some people on here are here to only be negative and start crap. If we don't make the playoffs...then rag on them....but what's the point of coming get on the message boards and ragging on the team multiple times a day when we haven't even played a meaningful game yet? For all the people that wanna rag on them over and over....maybe you should just switch teams. Go to a team that never looms bad or never loses....Gosh!!! It's depressing to even come to the boards these days. I live in Ohio so I come on here to get valuable info that I can't get elsewhere.....Please let some of us enjoy being GIANTS fans!!!!
    I'm with you, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
    I'm a die hard Giants fan until I take a dirt nap! But it seriously gets under my skin when a lot of Giants fans just come on here daily to rag on the team over and over. Now granted...In my opinion some of these so called fans are trolls....but some are actual fans that constantly trash this team. I understand some people being upset by the way the starters have been playing but.....have some respect for your team....how can so many people trash them when they haven't even played 1 regular season game yet? Some people on here are here to only be negative and start crap. If we don't make the playoffs...then rag on them....but what's the point of coming get on the message boards and ragging on the team multiple times a day when we haven't even played a meaningful game yet? For all the people that wanna rag on them over and over....maybe you should just switch teams. Go to a team that never looms bad or never loses....Gosh!!! It's depressing to even come to the boards these days. I live in Ohio so I come on here to get valuable info that I can't get elsewhere.....Please let some of us enjoy being GIANTS fans!!!!
    With few exceptions, I have not seen anyone trash the Giants here. All I read is justified concern over the performance of our Offensive Unit. You cannot deny the fact that Eli is not performing well, the O-line cannot protect (but they do well in the running game), and out WR's cannot get open. Pointing these shortcoming and having a feeling of dejavu all over again (to quote a famous person), is not trashing the team or Eli. I do not think that there is a Giants fan here (other than the trolls who pose as Giants fans) who does not want Eli and the team to be winners. As far as I am concerned, I do not care if they make the play offs or not as long as they give it their best and go down fighting. So far I have not seen this. So until this happens I will keep pointing out the team's shortcomings.

Preseason games are meaningful because they show if the team is progressing. It is not about the wins/loses in preseason, but about performance. Expecting them to perform well after they have not shown a single improvement in performance, as far as the passing game is concerned, is not reasonable. You do not have to take my word for it, just look what happened last year.

All-Pro
    More than one third of the NFL teams are entering the season with a new offensive coordinator SOURCE. Of those, most are much further along with their offense than the Giants are. Some will blame the O-line, others the receivers, and still others will point to Eli. All would be correct, to some degree. Given how bad the offense was last year, I feel that having some concern over their poor performance this preseason is justified.

I am not throwing in the towel, but I am a bit concerned with their performance. I expected them to take some time to get into a rhythm, but I didn't expect to see practically no signs of life to give us fans hope.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxmeth View Post
    We're just discussing things as they come up. I don't see the big deal in that. The play is worrisome, so the conversations here are also that way. If things change, so will the discussion. We have to talk about something around here, and most of what we can discuss isn't going well.
    I know what to talk about: the Cowgirls are going DOWN at the hands of BIG BLUE!

see? something positive!! smh-RHOMO!

+ Reply to Thread