+ Reply to Thread

Green Bay onsides kick

This game was truly a continuation of the first meeting and Green Bay realized that and tried an onsides kick out of desperation. I smiled when they attempted an onsides kick because I knew they were on the ropes to attempt that. They would try anything to grab the momentum and I think it was their downfall. Rodgers was so desperate for a big play.

Veteran

Re: Green Bay onsides kick

[quote user="Breezely"]This game was truly a continuation of the first meeting and Green Bay realized that and tried an onsides kick out of desperation. I smiled when they attempted an onsides kick because I knew they were on the ropes to attempt that. They would try anything to grab the momentum and I think it was their downfall. Rodgers was so desperate for a big play.[/quote]The first one was a total **** move. Like they knew the refs were going to help win.

I'm glad there was not a pile and it was a clear recovery. Otherwise I think it would have been like the game a couple years ago where the Saints magically recovered an onside kick in the Super Bowl.

Green Bay had 4 people lined up on the left vs. Giants 3 players. I had a hunch they were going that way (of course this is all after-the-fact now).

But KUDOS to our superstar Victor Cruz on the recovery.

Also, KUDOS to D. Martin for the recovery off GB's first trick-onside kick in that game.

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="Breezely"]This game was truly a continuation of the first meeting and Green Bay realized that and tried an onsides kick out of desperation. I smiled when they attempted an onsides kick because I knew they were on the ropes to attempt that. They would try anything to grab the momentum and I think it was their downfall. Rodgers was so desperate for a big play.[/quote]The first one was a total **** move. Like they knew the refs were going to help win.
    [/quote]

Awesome sig pic - hehe BLUE CHEESE!
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant