+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Congrats from a Bears fan!! (question also)

Hello Giants nation. Congrats on a huge win for your organization. You guys are impressing again despite all the injuries and garbage talk. This leads to a question I'm sure you guys would be able to answer. As you guys know Marc Ross is in contention for possibly being the next Bears GM. I was wondering what the overall sentiment on him was.

Re: Congrats from a Bears fan!! (question also)

[quote user="ELROCKSTEADY"]Hello Giants nation. Congrats on a huge win for your organization. You guys are impressing again despite all the injuries and garbage talk. This leads to a question I'm sure you guys would be able to answer. As you guys know Ross is in contention for possibly being the next Bears GM. I was wondering what the overall sentiment on him was.
    [/quote]
    Ross?

[quote user="ELROCKSTEADY"]Hello Giants nation. Congrats on a huge win for your organization. You guys are impressing again despite all the injuries and garbage talk. This leads to a question I'm sure you guys would be able to answer. As you guys know Ross is in contention for possibly being the next Bears GM. I was wondering what the overall sentiment on him was.
    [/quote]Thanks.

Ross would be a good move for you guys, bad for us as far as i have heard.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Could you send Devin Hester our way?

lol

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="ELROCKSTEADY"]Hello Giants nation. Congrats on a huge win for your organization. You guys are impressing again despite all the injuries and garbage talk. This leads to a question I'm sure you guys would be able to answer. As you guys know Ross is in contention for possibly being the next Bears GM. I was wondering what the overall sentiment on him was.
    [/quote]
    Ross?[/quote]

Marc Ross...

Veteran

Marc Ross..would be a very good pick up for you guys

He is talking about Marc Ross. I believe he will do fine as a GM. He has learned under Jerry Reese who is a top 5 GM in this league. He has help bring us talent like Nicks, Cruz, Bradshaw, and JPP.

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Could you send Devin Hester our way?

lol[/quote] you never know, they guy did not make through the seasons really. he had nagging injuries that prevented him from doing anything the last couple of games... with our injuries I dont think it really mattered lol

[/quote]

Marc Ross has been an integral part of the scouting department and has definitely been critical to our Super Bowl run and everything since, especially in finding gems in the later rounds. Look at the talent he has helped bring aboard, starting that year:

Steve Smith
    Kevin Boss
    Ahmad Bradshaw
    Aaron Ross
    Terrel Thomas
    Jason Pierre Paul
    Hakeem Nicks
    Kenny Phillips
    Mario Manningham
    Victor Cruuz
    Jake Ballard
    Kevin Boothe
    Johnathon Goff
    Jaquan Williams
    Henry Hynoski
    Mitch Petrus

I am sure I am missing some. But you have a handful of Pro-Bowlers there and most, if not all of those players are starting caliber.

When it comes to putting a team together, I would take Ross in a heart beat. Let alone anyone that Jerry Reese rubs off on.

He would be a good pick up, I'd hate to see him leave. I think he is a good talent evaluator. His reports are normally spot and doesn't fluff up his evaluations.