Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Antrel Rolle"s disrespect of American service members

[quote user="dezzzR"]is there a quote? i know he said something about fans booing but i didnt hear anything about him comparing being a football player to a service member. if its true, hes a moron and so is anyone who agrees with him. so football players are more than entertainers because they can get paralyzed? thats the most ridiculous thing iv ever herd.
    [/quote]

Yes, he stupidly said that they should be considered miltary. Unreal. And these dummies defend him. What a world we live in. Spoiled brats.

[quote user="Chilito"]How dare Andre Rolle compare himself to a US service member? All he has done all his life is run up and down a field chasing a football. Thousands of brave men and women put their lives at risk in order for Rolle to be able to live his life of privilege and luxury. Rolle is an entertainer, nothing more. His job is to win football games. When he does, he gets cheered; when he doesn't, he gets booed. It is just that simple. He needs to get over his bloated ego and speak only when he has something worthwhile to say. He plays in the National Football League, those who serve their country in military uniform do so in an entirely different league altogether.[/quote]</P>

</P>

He didnt compare himsilf to anything go look at what he said before u give out about it ******</P>

Veteran

and the crybaby b.s. continues............leave rolle alone

[quote user="michaelkhan3"]

[quote user="Chilito"]How dare Andre Rolle compare himself to a US service member? All he has done all his life is run up and down a field chasing a football. Thousands of brave men and women put their lives at risk in order for Rolle to be able to live his life of privilege and luxury. Rolle is an entertainer, nothing more. His job is to win football games. When he does, he gets cheered; when he doesn't, he gets booed. It is just that simple. He needs to get over his bloated ego and speak only when he has something worthwhile to say. He plays in the National Football League, those who serve their country in military uniform do so in an entirely different league altogether.[/quote]</p>

</p>

He didnt compare himsilf to anything go look at what he said before u give out about it ******</p>[/quote]he clearly campared the team to troops returning from iraq. which is why he apologized. just like you now owe chilito an apology

[quote user="thegreatone"]
    so what? if you dont see the comparisons between the military and football then your a nimrod.
    [/quote]
    All us nimrods are still waiting for you point out the salient similarities.

Wow he apologized for the statement. You guys that take athletes quotes literally like if it was Obama kill me! They're atlete entertainers not geniouses. Get a life and read my quote below

[quote user="Tolduso"]Wow he apologized for the statement. You guys that take athletes quotes literally like if it was Obama kill me! They're atlete entertainers not geniouses. Get a life and read my quote below[/quote]well when he calls fans out for booing i think the fans can respond however they want. this is a message board is it not?

Look, I think you're overreacting. I don't think he even disrespected anybody in the military. It's just the overused "going to war" metaphor that players use.

Rolle wasn't around for Lt. Col. Gasden's speech. All our guys were very apologetic after his visit about using war analogies to describe sports. But it happens all the time.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="Tolduso"]Wow he apologized for the statement. You guys that take athletes quotes literally like if it was Obama kill me! They're atlete entertainers not geniouses. Get a life and read my quote below[/quote]

And you are no genius either, my man. Please note the correct spelling of genius, numskull!

The guy apologized and knows he was wrong.

Grow up and move on.