+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prince

Veteran

Prince

Ross goes down for a bit, Rolle cuts his hand, Prince is thrust into a position where he's guarding Jordy Nelson one-on-one for more than 10 plays, and Rodgers looks Nelson's way EVERY TIME.

Not a single pass thrown at Prince. Kid stepped into a limited role and did well. It's good to see, we're going to need him moving forward.

Didn't come in after Ross and Rolle were okay'd, but still good to see.

Also, Antrel Rolle played a hell of a game.

Re: Prince

[quote user="Itlan"]Ross goes down for a bit, Rolle cuts his hand, Prince is thrust into a position where he's guarding Jordy Nelson one-on-one for more than 10 plays, and Rodgers looks Nelson's way EVERY TIME.

Not a single pass thrown at Prince. Kid stepped into a limited role and did well. It's good to see, we're going to need him moving forward.

Didn't come in after Ross and Rolle were okay'd, but still good to see.

Also, Antrel Rolle played a hell of a game.[/quote]I noticed it too. Rogers wanted to go after Prince but he was playing solid coverage all day. I think he is settling down.

Its a shame this year was a wash, thanks to that early injury. He's going to be real good playing opposite of Webster after a full offseason.

All-Pro

LOL. Yeah and some where calling him a bust.

Just like every rookie, he needs some time to develop. People on this board sometimes think these guys should come in and day 1, light it up or else they're bust. Truth is, most of these guys don't even catch on till their 2nd or 3rd year. Look at Manningham, Toomer, Eli, Simms, Webster etc.

Having a rookie to come in and play lights out his first year is the exception, not the rule.

Starter

not sure but was prince the db who got beat on the pass that osi stripped on rodgers that would have probably gone for a td? other than that (if it was him) he did good/

Veteran

[quote user="CharlieC42"]not sure but was prince the db who got beat on the pass that osi stripped on rodgers that would have probably gone for a td? other than that (if it was him) he did good/[/quote]That was Ross. It was a slo-go route, and Ross bit on the slant.

Veteran

I saw Rodgers audible (I am assuming he audibles) once he saw Prince on Jordy ...he looked at Prince right away and Prince was doing a great job in coverage

Aikman even spoke about it briefly. Good to see him doing well.

That was amazing what Prince did, I think it went unnoticed by most, not me, when Ross went out and Prince came in Rodgers wanted to pick on Prince, but Prince blanketed Jordy Nelson, he made him irrelevant, it was the first time I noticed this Amukamara Island scouts talked about. There was Rodgers scrambling to the left, saw nothing there and had to scramble to the other side.

Do you think the coaches noticed it too? hopefully if Ross has another really bad they can put in the Prince instead of some ST cb?