+ Reply to Thread

Looking ahead to next year's money situation.

Bad time to do this, but when I was reading Osi thread, it got me wondering what players are due contracts? I really think we will have to trade him if his demands are going to hurt the team. I assume he will demand a trade before next season if he doesn't get a contract change. It's too bad, but the business end rules.

Re: Looking ahead to next year's money situation.

So what, he's going to be 30 and probably doesn't have that many years left. We still have Kiwi, Tuck and JPP in the mix. Dump him and his salary for a 2nd rounder and we'll be fine. Look, I like Osi a lot, but he's really been a big pain the *** since he's been here, always clamoring for more money and never happy. Let a team that's desperate for a pass rusher give a decent pick in the draft and he's all theres, Don't even think for a second he won't hold out next year either.

Thanks for the effort Osi but your value probably won't be any higher than it is now so we'll take the draft pick.

Veteran

[quote user="JacksGiant76"]So what, he's going to be 30 and probably doesn't have that many years left. We still have Kiwi, Tuck and JPP in the mix. Dump him and his salary for a 2nd rounder and we'll be fine. Look, I like Osi a lot, but he's really been a big pain the *** since he's been here, always clamoring for more money and never happy. Let a team that's desperate for a pass rusher give a decent pick in the draft and he's all theres, Don't even think for a second he won't hold out next year either.

Thanks for the effort Osi but your value probably won't be any higher than it is now so we'll take the draft pick.
    [/quote]

Osi is still under contract and will be a Giant next year. Why dump him now when you can get him for another year and compensatory picks when he leaves after next year??

Osi's value is high right now. Why spend a year listening to him wine? Either trade for a need, or for draft picks.

You guys are going to make some people here cry. Stop it!

[quote user="JacksGiant76"]So what, he's going to be 30 and probably doesn't have that many years left. We still have Kiwi, Tuck and JPP in the mix. Dump him and his salary for a 2nd rounder and we'll be fine. Look, I like Osi a lot, but he's really been a big pain the *** since he's been here, always clamoring for more money and never happy. Let a team that's desperate for a pass rusher give a decent pick in the draft and he's all theres, Don't even think for a second he won't hold out next year either.

[/quote]

While I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiment today is not the day to bring it up. Dude made a double huge play that saved a TD and maybe the game. Not only did he strip the ball, but he knocked it away from the Packer OL. Huge, huge, huge play.