Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Is Anthony Wright the first Black QB G-men ever had?

Why does everybody take questions like these and make them racial? It was not meant to be a racial question...he was just wondering if the Giants ever had a black quarterback...nothing more.

And as somebody else said, no he is not. He, however, could be the first black quarterback to break camp as a member of the Giants' regular season roster

Veteran

[quote user="Eli'sturn"][quote user="Blue Beach"]

Jackson andSharpton?!?!?!?!?!

What in the hell does that have to do with the question??????

DAYUM, SOME PEOPLE!!!!!

Weather Anthony Wright is of African decent or not doesn't concern me. If he can throw the ball accurate and move it down the field DOES!!!

[/quote]

So now all black people have to be of african decent? Jeez racist. I hate the term african-american.

I don't know if he is the only blackQB we have had or not, but I hope he never has to play in any game after the preseason.

[/quote]

Excellent point. The term African-American really is an insult, if you ask me. There are definitely black people in this Country from other places - such as Cuba, Haiti, Dominican Republic, etc. etc. etc. My wife is Black and she hates that term, as well. Who was the moron that came up with the idea in the first place? I'm sure whoever it was, his title is "Reverend"!

[quote user="njersey"][quote user="Eli'sturn"][quote user="Blue Beach"]

Jackson andSharpton?!?!?!?!?!

What in the hell does that have to do with the question??????

DAYUM, SOME PEOPLE!!!!!

Weather Anthony Wright is of African decent or not doesn't concern me. If he can throw the ball accurate and move it down the field DOES!!!

[/quote]

So now all black people have to be of african decent? Jeez racist. I hate the term african-american.

I don't know if he is the only blackQB we have had or not, but I hope he never has to play in any game after the preseason.

[/quote]

Excellent point. The term African-American really is an insult, if you ask me. There are definitely black people in this Country from other places - such as Cuba, Haiti, Dominican Republic, etc. etc. etc. My wife is Black and she hates that term, as well. Who was the moron that came up with the idea in the first place? I'm sure whoever it was, his title is "Reverend"!

[/quote]

Well, that, and a lot of "African-Americans" have been in this country for longer than white Americans. Black people in the US goes back hundreds of years, meanwhile, if someone's relatives came over during the 20s in the immigrant surge, they are already just called White or American. I mean, some people like to say Italian-American or Irish-American, but for the most part, they just call it white/American. It makes a lot more sense to me to just call black people black.

Look imus is a turd he always was a jerk and probably racist. but you guys have a point AL makes a big deal about it then a lot of the Black community gets in an up roar and some poor white boy gets beat up in a club.

Bench Player

The thing that pisses me off the most about this is that how do these people have the right to call other people racists if they are racist themselves? And second (no doubt in my mind Imus was wrong) but as Rev. shouldn't you be willing to forgive people when they apologize that isn't very christian of them now is it.

[quote user="J FINN 20"]The thing that pisses me off the most about this is that how do these people have the right to call other people racists if they are racist themselves? And second (no doubt in my mind Imus was wrong) but as Rev. shouldn't you be willing to forgive people when they apologize that isn't very christian of them now is it.
    [/quote]

Yeah very true. I don't really consider them reverends. Anybody can go study the bible and get a degree and become a reverend, but to be a true "reverend" it takes more than that, and its in what you truley believe,

[quote user="J FINN 20"]even if he he why is that such a big deal? I blame Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton for all the racial problems in this city
    [/quote]

its so true. These guys work w/ the corrupt politicians in this country and try to make the black population feel as if race is still a major problem everywhere. (it is in some places in this country like KCbut pretty much the onlyreally importantracial predjudices come from the gov't and the police. which is another issue that has to be dealt with but...)They do this to tryto make blacksfeel like victims so thatthey'll focus on and believethier unfair treatmentinstead of just working hard, taking the ups with the downs, and slowly but surely becoming a economical force indispensible by the rest of the U.S. citizens. They do this to get the black vote and put Dem.party spin on it. These guys have made millions on bs scandals since the sixties. Al Sharpton became famous over a hoax look it up. Im not saying most or even a fraction ofour Afro American friends &neighborsbuy into these lies but that is what these guys (Sharpton, Jackson, Bush, etc) want this country to think. To control us and our votes. These guys arent racist, they want to screw us all equally. Imus isn't the enemy eitherthe enemy is the mediaand gov't who blow this up to serve their own plans of racial manipulation. Imus is a jerk but freedom of speech is more important, just call him a jerk he's embarrassed enough.But many towns and cities all around this country (not just the south) have racist police officers, politicians, and citizens who allow practices such as racial profiling, and the Patriot Act which allows law enforcment agencies to unconstitutionally tap your phones, violating the 5th amenment.They use terrorism as an excuse to further pursecute lower classes who very tragically may not have any other way to feed their family than sell drugs. That is scary and a thingALL PEOPLE should be very concerned with. Nazi Germany aint that far away if we keep giving up our freedoms for "protection". This country was founded to protect againstgov'ts like this one. Time to TAKE this country back. P.S. Im white and i live in a nice CT town and i cannot be considered a racist.

just so people get where im comin from the black population in this country and especially New York and the bigger cities is with out question on the rise as far as economically, politically, and more than anything and more than any other other group, socially. This whole Imus thing and the way the media keeps pushing the whole race thing is an attempt to slow the progress of the black community by elitist power-spoiled biggots in powerful positions in the money-powernetwork of this nation. Such as Hilary Clinton and ****wad Cheyney

it shouldn't be such a big deal if someone does mention race. We are all part of a race with millions of people who are part of that race. Im white and a jew(not practicing). There are a lot of whites andjews i hate and a blacks and chritians i love. And Vice Versa. It is a good question about A. Wright he just may be. it should not be a touchy subject in this country. Its all that politically correctness that keeps tension on the issue. Some people need to grow up, some people are fine, and some you never could take seriously anyway so who cares.

[quote user="Flash"]Not starting anything up here,but I'm pretty sure he is.
    [/quote]

Ok, I am black and I would like to know the same. I see someone has answered that he is not, because we had one last year that did not make the cut. This is a good question, and it was asked in a manner that wouldn't offend myself or any other person. It wasjust out of curiosty, the author of this thread said from the rip that he was not trying to start anything up. Unfortunately, anything singling out a particular race will always start something up. Although it really doesn't matter who we have or have not had as a QB or anything else, it's just the nature of curiosty. Hell... I know a plethora of things that "don't really matter" (that might be a jeopardy question one day or a biggest fan question). Some things people just wanna know, I see nothing wrong with that. Good post Flash.